Package Details: pdfmasher 0.7.4-2

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: pdfmasher
Description: PDF to eBook Conversion Tool
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL
Submitter: Gentro
Maintainer: None
Last Packager: hsoft
Votes: 7
Popularity: 0.030616
First Submitted: 2012-11-07 03:23
Last Updated: 2015-06-08 21:59

Required by (0)

Sources (0)

Latest Comments

hsoft commented on 2014-12-27 17:52


mitcoes commented on 2014-12-09 12:18

At my Manjaro it shows this errors

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "", line 148, in <module>
File "", line 143, in main
File "", line 116, in package_debian
File "", line 107, in package_debian_distribution
shutil.copytree(op.join('build', 'help'), op.join(srcpath, 'help'))
File "/tmp/yaourt-tmp-miguel/aur-pdfmasher/src/pdfmasher/env/lib/python3.4/", line 302, in copytree
File "/tmp/yaourt-tmp-miguel/aur-pdfmasher/src/pdfmasher/env/lib/python3.4/", line 237, in makedirs
mkdir(name, mode)
FileExistsError: [Errno 17] File exists: 'build/pdfmasher-0.7.4~precise/src/help'

hsoft commented on 2013-05-18 18:17

Yeah, it would probably be the most convenient way to go. I update my other arch packages at the same time I do the release. I could do the same here. Thanks.

Gentro commented on 2013-05-17 03:44

Sorry it took a while to post your update. I've tested your changes on my system and everything seems to work fine, so I've posted it.

There isn't any way I know of to post changes to the package scripts other then the comments unless you're the package maintainer. Since I expect you have a lot better idea of how to maintain this package then I do, I can orphan the package so you can take it over if you want.

hsoft commented on 2013-04-14 15:47

Hi there. I'm the upstream author of that app. Thanks for making a package for it. I'm a recent Arch convert and I've been playing with packages and it's been a lot of fun. I've made a few modifications to the build process and I'm usure how submitting modification works within AUR, so I'll just post it in the comments.

First, I've removed cssutils.patch. In the upstream code, I've dealt with lxml 3.x incompatibilities, so it isn't needed anymore.

I also removed jobprogress and pdfminer3k from dependencies and included their code directly in the package. I did this because I very much doubt that any other app will use these libs and, for now, it might be a bit overkill to maintain packages just for them.

I've also added virtualenv creation in the build package so that we can piggyback on upstream's pip requirements for dependency resolution.

I've also added the desktop file which seemed to be missing.

Here's my complete script:

# Maintainer: Blake Dickie <>
pkgdesc="PDF to eBook Conversion Tool"
depends=('python' 'pyqt' 'python-cssutils' 'python-lxml' 'python-markdown' 'python-cssselect')
makedepends=('mercurial' 'python-distribute' 'python-pip' 'python-virtualenv')

build() {

cd "$srcdir"
msg "Connecting to Mercurial server...."

if [[ -d "$pkgname" ]]; then
cd "$pkgname"
hg pull -u
msg "The local files are updated."
hg clone "" "$pkgname"
cd "$pkgname"

msg "Mercurial checkout done or server timeout"

msg "Switching to Production Tag"
# NOTE: The "-arch" suffix is temporary. Recent fixes have been made upstream to make Arch
# packaging easier, but there wasn't a release with these changes yet, so I've made a special
# "arch" tag in the upstream repo. After the next release, we can remove that suffix.
hg checkout "$pkgver"-arch

if [[ ! -d "env" ]]; then
msg "Creating virtualenv"
virtualenv --system-site-packages env

msg "Installing dependencies"
source env/bin/activate
pip install -r requirements-lnx.txt

msg "Starting build..."
python --clean

package() {
cd "$srcdir/$pkgname"

mkdir -p "${pkgdir}/usr/share/applications"
cp debian/pdfmasher.desktop "${pkgdir}/usr/share/applications"

cd "build/pdfmasher-arch"

mkdir -p "$pkgdir/usr/share/pdfmasher"
cp -a * "$pkgdir/usr/share/pdfmasher/"
install -dm755 "${pkgdir}/usr/share/pdfmasher"
chmod a+x "$pkgdir/usr/share/pdfmasher/"

mkdir -p "$pkgdir/usr/bin"
ln -s ../share/pdfmasher/ "$pkgdir/usr/bin/pdfmasher"

# vim:set ts=2 sw=2 et: