Package Details: perl-webservice-musicbrainz 1.0.5-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/perl-webservice-musicbrainz.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: perl-webservice-musicbrainz
Description: Web service API to MusicBrainz database
Upstream URL: https://metacpan.org/release/WebService-MusicBrainz
Licenses: GPL, PerlArtistic
Conflicts: perl-webservice-musicbrainz0
Submitter: None
Maintainer: FabioLolix
Last Packager: FabioLolix
Votes: 36
Popularity: 0.003187
First Submitted: 2011-02-18 20:01 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2020-11-25 22:17 (UTC)

Latest Comments

dmjordan commented on 2020-04-28 01:55 (UTC)

+1 to willf's comment.

willf commented on 2020-04-19 09:19 (UTC)

The package conflicts with itself! pacaur is unable to install this package.

Looks like this has been fixed in @FabioLolix's GitHub repo of PKGBUILDs: https://github.com/FabioLolix/PKGBUILD/blob/master/perl-webservice-musicbrainz/PKGBUILD - can this be merged into the aur.archlinux.org repo?

FoPref commented on 2019-04-04 19:51 (UTC)

The package conflicts with itself! pacaur is unable to install this package.

Note that plenaerts' comment is outdated, abcde expects version 1.0.4.

plenaerts commented on 2017-08-20 09:08 (UTC)

Install of version 0.93-1 worked for me and I've succesfully upgraded to 0.94 as well. Version 1.0 is a rewrite though and not compatible with pre-1.0. abcde requires the modules pre-1.0. I've created another package perl-webservice-musicbrainz0 so this one can upgrade to 1.0 versions. Proposition for upgrading this package to 1.0.2 at https://gist.github.com/plenaerts/e7d4949c3ef7c08ebbb671296d05110f

FMB commented on 2017-05-18 21:53 (UTC) (edited on 2017-05-18 21:54 (UTC) by FMB)

No longer works, I get errors like: \C no longer supported in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/(\ <-- HERE C)/ at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/URI/Escape.pm line 205. Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/URI.pm line 22. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/URI.pm line 22. Compilation failed in require at (eval 3) line 2. Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/base.pm line 100. ...propagated at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/base.pm line 109. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/HTTP/Request.pm line 6. Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/LWP/UserAgent.pm line 8. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/LWP/UserAgent.pm line 8. Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/WebService/MusicBrainz/Query.pm line 4. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/WebService/MusicBrainz/Query.pm line 4. Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/WebService/MusicBrainz/Release.pm line 4. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/WebService/MusicBrainz/Release.pm line 4. Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/abcde-musicbrainz-tool line 19. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/abcde-musicbrainz-tool line 19. Querying the CD for audio tracks... I tried to fiddle with the PKGBUILD file, and to manually install WebService::MusicBrainz with cpan, to no avail. abcde is unable to retrieve track info without it.

txrx commented on 2015-08-11 01:19 (UTC)

the lastest AUR4 update has removed this. I discovered the hard way... https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1552045#p1552045 also, i'm getting this error. ==> Starting build()... Found pkg-config version 0.28. Found libdiscid library version 0.6.1. LIBDISCID_CFLAGS = LIBDISCID_LIBS = -ldiscid Created MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json Creating new 'Build' script for 'MusicBrainz-DiscID' version '0.03' Building MusicBrainz-DiscID /usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.so: undefined symbol: Perl_xs_apiversion_bootcheck ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build(). Aborting...

rfnash commented on 2015-03-01 06:02 (UTC)

This was generated with cpan2aur. Let me know if there's anything wrong with it.

FreeAsInGimme commented on 2015-02-25 15:45 (UTC)

==> ERROR: Missing package() function in /tmp/yaourt-tmp-elijah/aur-perl-webservice-musicbrainz/./PKGBUILD ==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build perl-webservice-musicbrainz.

futuro commented on 2013-06-18 16:12 (UTC)

While the WebService::MusicBrainz module lists LSP::UserAgent as a dependency, perl-libwww contains the LWP::UserAgent module, so that should be the dependency instead of perl-lwp-useragent (what 'jrmrjnck' said, but with some more detail).

jrmrjnck commented on 2013-01-05 06:43 (UTC)

This should depend on perl-libwww (official) and perl-musicbrainz-discid (aur), and not perl-lwp-useragent (doesn't exist anymore).

commented on 2011-02-18 20:01 (UTC)

This was generated straight-up by pacpan. It worked for me. YMMV.