Package Details: pureref 1.10.4-4

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/pureref.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: pureref
Description: Reference Image Viewer
Upstream URL: http://www.pureref.com
Keywords: image pureref reference viewer
Licenses: unknown
Submitter: GrbavaCigla
Maintainer: GrbavaCigla
Last Packager: GrbavaCigla
Votes: 6
Popularity: 2.14
First Submitted: 2019-10-05 10:16
Last Updated: 2020-04-30 16:48

Required by (0)

Sources (1)

Latest Comments

GrbavaCigla commented on 2020-04-30 16:41

This issue is solved, added fuse2 as dependency

GrbavaCigla commented on 2020-04-30 16:07

sushant, what is the issue, can you run PureRef in terminal? I need information in order to debug.

sushant commented on 2020-04-29 09:39

The package installs but doesn't open. I am running vanilla arch.

GrbavaCigla commented on 2020-04-20 12:33

Thanks, options=(!strip) fixed it. Also I added checksum.

GrbavaCigla commented on 2020-04-19 19:10

tryst and gangelop sorry for not responding, I will try to fix everything tomorow, thanks for contribution!

gangelop commented on 2020-03-07 03:28

Somewhere in the PKGBUILD, maybe bellow the sha512sums= add the following:

options=(!strip)  

Cheers.
P.S. Why skip the checksums? I don't see a reason for that.
P.P.S. I just noticed tryst's comment and same info.

tryst commented on 2020-02-28 18:18

I tried looking into it, but couldn't find anything about why this might be happening. You're probably best off asking for help on the forums or in the irc.

EDIT: Here's what worked for me in a previous version of the script

pkgname=pureref
pkgver=1.9.2
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="PureRef was created to be a simple and lightweight tool for artists to organize and view their reference images."
arch=('x86_64')
url="https://www.pureref.com"
license=('unknown')
options=('emptydirs')

key=$(curl https://www.pureref.com/download.php | sed -n -e 's/^.*var key = "\(.*\)".*/\1/p')
source=("$pkgname-$pkgver.rpm::https://www.pureref.com/files/installer.php?build=UNIX64.rpm&downloadKey=$key")

md5sums=('55916c771c68e771b9cf73e6e292a512')

package() {
  bsdtar -C ${pkgdir} -xf ${srcdir}/${pkgname}-${pkgver}.rpm
}

EDIT 2: I can't tell what part of the process it's failing at. Using bsdtar instead didn't help at all. I didn't try getting the rpm instead of the deb though.

EDIT 3: I basically remade the above script with some changes based on yours and even with it using the rpm and only the one command it's having the exact same issue. I'm out of ideas, sorry.

EDIT 4: All that and some help from the forums helped me narrow it down. Trying adding option=('!strip'). This will keep needed information from being stripped from the AppImage. People also say binaries should go in opt/ but I don't know anything about that.