Package Details: rstudio-desktop-daily-bin 2021.12.0.daily+130-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: rstudio-desktop-daily-bin
Description: An integrated development environment (IDE) for R (binary version from RStudio official repository)
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL
Conflicts: rstudio-desktop, rstudio-desktop-bin, rstudio-desktop-git
Provides: rstudio-desktop-daily=2021.12.0.daily+130
Submitter: chendaniely
Maintainer: chendaniely
Last Packager: chendaniely
Votes: 3
Popularity: 0.052655
First Submitted: 2020-05-05 00:04
Last Updated: 2021-10-14 22:01

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

chendaniely commented on 2021-08-10 00:37

Alright, y'all. had to go make a wsl2 arch image. but I think it's all working now :) I'll give it about 24-48 hours to see if my cron job picks it up.

chendaniely commented on 2021-08-09 21:37

Thanks, @duerrwlu for the tip. I'm also mainly pulling the version from a script, so I need to string replace the "-" into a "."

I've done an intermediate fix for now. But my usual arch machine is a bit messed up at the moment. so hopefully this fix works while I go find a way to get a working arch machine again.

duerrwlu commented on 2021-07-30 00:46

If it helps: I've found an easy way to include the new version system (current pkg version at the time of writing was "2021.07.0.283"):
simply replace any exact occurrence (of the two) "${pkgver}" with "${pkgver/./-}" and it should just work, given the latest checksum of course. Meaning a simple "sed -i 's|${pkgver}|${pkgver/./-}|' PKGBUILD" should already do the trick. ;)

Why even do this one might naively ask? Hyphens (-) aren't allowed in version numbers and the pkgrel can only be a digit.

Edit: earlier the new names included 'daily'. I've edited it out again as that's no longer true.

chendaniely commented on 2021-07-28 02:51

Hey folks: They changed the numbering convention from semantic numbering to date. so It'll take me about a week before I have access to the computer to keep this repo up to date.

chendaniely commented on 2020-11-04 00:43

Hi everyone. Sorry for the pretty sporatic updates to this repo, there are some days the repo doesn't actually have an update, and I'm not always doing analysis work for my dissertation / on my arch machine.

Having said that. I've set up a spare raspberry pi with an ARM version of Arch on it and set up my update script to run on a CRON job. It seems to be working so hopefully the package should not be out of date for more than a day.

Alarg commented on 2020-09-06 17:47

@chendaniely thanks! It works now! Sorry for plain error reporting, I was in a bit of hurry. Also, I experienced the same issue as @nicomic and solved it the same way as him. That issue came somewhere during early August, since I installed Manjaro then and this package worked, but few days later, on another PC something broke so only regular version of rdesktop worked. I hope this info will help you, and thanks for the package! :D

EDIT: might have also something to do with differences between systems? First one mentioned is Intel-based and second one is AMD-based.

chendaniely commented on 2020-09-06 16:24

@alarg: thanks for the update, seems like something went wrong with the script I just make to help with keeping the package updated. I must've missed the error when I updated on my end. Should be fixed now?

@nicomic: I actually just formatted my machine and have a fresh Manjaro installation (coming form Antergos) and did not see an issue with dependencies wrt a postgres library. I'll look into it a bit more. I know RStudio has some database features built-in, but I'm not sure if they're required on a plain install. My initial thought would be that it would only be required when you load up one of the database libraries, but it's strange that it's asking for this during the installation.

Alarg commented on 2020-09-06 12:30

Got an error while building the newest package:

==> Validating source_x86_64 files with sha256sums... rstudio-1.4.781-amd64.deb ... FAILED ==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check! Failed to build rstudio-desktop-daily-bin

nicomic commented on 2020-08-11 18:43

Hello! Thanks for the package. I just got an error after installing 1.4.698 and opening Rstudio. It sayd " cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

This file was provided by installing "extra/postgresql-libs". I guess it should now be added to the dependencies perhaps. I wanted to share this just in case.

Thanks again!

karloguidoni commented on 2020-08-06 17:48

Great repo, @chendaniely! I'm glad you shared your scripts! About Travis, you can run daily CRON jobs (only once a day; if I'm not mistaken). But Travis will continue to fire the builds with each new push to the GitHub repository. You can set hiding environment variables in Travis, but I'm not sure how to do that with SSH keys. I'm afraid this can be a feature available only for paid plans (Circle CI can be an alternative). Check out this link: