Package Details: rstudio-desktop 1.2.1335-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/rstudio-desktop.git (read-only)
Package Base: rstudio-desktop
Description: Open source and enterprise-ready professional software for the R community
Upstream URL: http://www.rstudio.com/
Licenses: AGPL
Conflicts: rstudio-desktop-bin, rstudio-desktop-git, rstudio-desktop-preview-bin
Submitter: None
Maintainer: flying-sheep
Last Packager: flying-sheep
Votes: 43
Popularity: 0.068666
First Submitted: 2011-03-04 15:02
Last Updated: 2019-04-10 11:05

Required by (0)

Sources (4)

Pinned Comments

Xentec commented on 2019-07-08 01:13

Got same error...

make: *** [Makefile:152: all] Error 2

With a bit of backtracking...

BUILD FAILED /tmp/makepkg/rstudio-desktop/src/rstudio-rstudio-f1ac345/src/gwt/build.xml:98: Error running javac compiler

So my javac binary decided to disappear even with jdk-openjdk installed, huh? Turns out I still had wrong Java version set as default and after executing

# archlinux-java set java-8-openjdk

ant was finally willing to build gwt and the Rstudio installation was complete.

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next › Last »

flying-sheep commented on 2017-03-06 13:46

huh? why isn’t qmake-qt5 a symlink to qmake on your system? it is on mine.

$ ll /usr/bin/qmake-qt5
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 14 2017-03-03 16:22 /usr/bin/qmake-qt5 -> /usr/bin/qmake
$ pacman -Qo qmake{,-qt5}
/usr/bin/qmake is owned by qt5-base 5.8.0-7
/usr/bin/qmake-qt5 is owned by qt5-base 5.8.0-7

raith commented on 2017-02-25 08:55

When building the package, Cmake failed, reporting undefined references to "create_pthread" and "getpeerid". Had to change the path for the qmake executable to "/usr/bin/qmake-qt5" to be able to build the package.

MaoCPU commented on 2017-01-15 13:07

@leonardof: The path problem should be resolved in https://gist.github.com/anonymous/8e14909be3035ab84bf58afaa5a3b7c0. Using the github "archive" links to tags instead of "tarball".

@flying-sheep: No I am not experiencing that problem, rstudio works fine for me and I have been using it on a daily basis for months now...

leonardof commented on 2017-01-15 06:48

The PKGBUILD doesn't build if there is old source around. Culprit is line 42:

cd "$srcdir/$_pkgname-$_pkgname-"*

flying-sheep commented on 2017-01-13 12:22

i updated it.

don’t you experience the bug with the dialog windows? (i.e. that e.g. the “clear plots? [yes] [no]” window doesn’t respond to clicking a button)

MaoCPU commented on 2017-01-13 09:29

I had the same problem and for me a rebuild of rstudio-desktop solved it.

I was also able to build the rstudio-desktop-1.0.136 using the PKGBUILD at https://gist.github.com/anonymous/85cf69f39b32e5b9d68f3f2a31501a6b

agarciamontoro commented on 2017-01-12 22:46

Latest boost-lib upgrade (1.62 -> 1.63) broke the package, as libboost_{thread,system,regex,iostreams,filesystem,date_time}.so.1.62.0 are not anymore on the system. Creating the symbolic links manually change this error by an undefined symbol one.

Is it just me?

sguyader commented on 2016-11-28 12:35

With the current version, I get the following error message:

==> Starting package()...
CMake Error: Parse error in cache file /tmp/yaourt-tmp-sguyader/aur-rstudio-desktop/src/rstudio-rstudio-46c2013/CMakeCache.txt on line 410. Offending entry: Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).

In the CMakeCache.txt file, line 410 is empty but the two preceding lines show this:
//Git Revision Hash
RSTUDIO_GIT_REVISION_HASH:STRING=fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /tmp)

I don't know if it's correct to do it, but I edited that last line and replaced the string starting by "fatal..." with "46c2013", and compilation could be resumed.

cbrnr commented on 2016-11-21 08:05

I noticed that HTML documents knitted from Rmd files do not use monospace fonts for code, although they should. The binary package rstudio-desktop-bin works as expected.

qxeee commented on 2016-11-20 23:07

I had to edit the PKGBUILD to change line 66 to
-DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/qmake
to get this to compile.