Package Details: spideroak-one 7.5.0-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/spideroak-one.git (read-only)
Package Base: spideroak-one
Description: Secure file backup, sync and sharing client. This provides the client for SpiderOakONE.
Upstream URL: https://spideroak.com/
Keywords: backup
Licenses: custom
Conflicts: spideroak, spideroak-beta
Provides: spideroak
Replaces: spideroak
Submitter: coolpyrofreak
Maintainer: coolpyrofreak
Last Packager: coolpyrofreak
Votes: 273
Popularity: 0.455692
First Submitted: 2015-07-18 19:17
Last Updated: 2019-02-15 03:12

Pinned Comments

coolpyrofreak commented on 2018-09-13 02:34

Upstream support for 32-bit on Linux has ended, so I'm removing it from the PKGBUILD. The article below has more information, and download links to the last 32-bit versions.

https://spideroak.support/hc/en-us/articles/360007065152-32-Bit-Support-on-Linux

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next › Last »

ectospasm commented on 2017-11-18 17:16

@coolpyrofreak I have tried moving my .config/SpiderOakONE out of the way (as my original post stated), with *precisely* the same behavior: nothing happens, no warnings or error messages displayed, even with the --verbose option. I contacted SpiderOakONE, their support is practically worthless. The only suggestion they gave to me was try an older version. I've tried 6.3 and 6.0.1 to no avail, they use libraries which are no longer current and I'm not interested (yet) in installing old libraries. I'm at my wits end. I think if they had a command-line only option, it would work much better.

I wonder if this has to do with ~/.config/SpiderOakONE being mounted on my NAS over NFS. Syncing takes a LOT of local storage space and my 256G SSD fills up quite quickly.

coolpyrofreak commented on 2017-07-31 01:19

@ectospasm - I receive the same error when I start from the command line, but it doesn't keep the SpiderOakONE client from running. I imagine your problem is something else. I'd suggest deleting your ~/.config/SpiderOakONE folder, then running the config wizard again.

If you continue to have problems, you should contact SpiderOak Support.

ectospasm commented on 2017-07-31 00:58

Ever since this update was released, SpiderOakONE doesn't launch for me. It simply prints out the following warning if I launch it from a terminal shell, then a long, long pause before exiting with a zero status:

"sni-qt/22935" WARN 20:42:56.607 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE

I figured some incompatibility between my ~/.config/SpiderOakONE and this new version, so I moved it out of the way. SpiderOakONE still gives the same behavior, only the splash screen shows for several minutes, while the terminal output is precisely the same.


coolpyrofreak commented on 2017-07-29 01:25

Apologies for the delay. Apparently this update has been out for a while, but I didn't know until now.

Update is very minor: they finally fixed the libz error by upgrading the included libz file. I've also had to create a new email, so I've updated my address in the PKGBUILD if any of you need it.

EDIT: forgot to mention that since SpiderOak updated their provided libz package, I've removed the ugly hack I previously had in the PKGBUILD.

ProfessorKaos64 commented on 2017-07-29 01:01

Checksum fails.

cb474 commented on 2017-06-10 01:00

@blacktav Yeah, I blame gtk3.

blacktav commented on 2017-06-09 18:46

@cb474 indeed. The command-line "error" I was getting seems to be fairly innocuous - according to SpiderOak
The real problem is more likely related to system instability as you suggest - not soon after, my keyboard was killed and my xfce effectively died, with both staying dead even after reboots, removing and reinstalling all xfce bins & config. Xfce remains non-functional for one particular user.
However, lxde & even kde appear to be fine, SpiderOak GUI runs OK & even my keyboard works again. Go figure

cb474 commented on 2017-06-07 22:15

@blacktav I was having a similar problem where the gui would not come up most of the time, if I clicked on the SpiderOak icon in my notification area. Sometimes it seemed like if I quit Spideroak and ran it again from a terminal then it would work. But it was very inconsistent.

For me it seemed to start when there were a bunch of updates to the Mate desktop, completing the shift to GTK3. (Curiously I never had the problem on a separate LMDE system running the Mate desktop.) Then after a while it fixed itself, which I assumed had to do with some further update.

So I wonder if it's your system and not SpiderOak? Sorry, I know that's not super helpful, but I thought the extra information might be worth sharing.

coolpyrofreak commented on 2017-06-07 13:35

@blacktav This looks like an upstream issue to me. I found a page that might help: https://spideroak.com/faq/i-keep-getting-a-message-saying-the-backend-worker-process-has-exited-what-does-that-mean If that doesn't work, you'll need to contact the SpiderOak's support team yourself, but keep in mind that they don't officially support Arch.

blacktav commented on 2017-06-07 09:29

Command line error & log file at https://pastebin.com/AKDSvU1E

Spideroak seems to start spider with an icon in notification bar; when the spider finishes an alert pops-up saying "Backend process has quit"