Package Details: sslh-git 2.1.1.r16.gde7351f-2

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: sslh-git
Description: SSL/SSH/OpenVPN/XMPP/tinc port multiplexer
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL-2.0-only
Conflicts: sslh
Provides: sslh
Submitter: mortzu
Maintainer: gilcu3
Last Packager: gilcu3
Votes: 6
Popularity: 0.012081
First Submitted: 2010-08-30 11:21 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2024-05-06 14:24 (UTC)

Latest Comments

1 2 3 Next › Last »

taba commented on 2024-05-06 15:11 (UTC)

Had already done so, thank you.

gilcu3 commented on 2024-05-06 14:22 (UTC) (edited on 2024-05-06 14:22 (UTC) by gilcu3)

@taba will fix the issue with the man page asap. About the ev service, I would rather not add it as it is not yet present upstream. But you can always create yours, see the one in the official package link.

taba commented on 2024-05-06 14:09 (UTC)

Could you create a sslh-ev@.service?

taba commented on 2024-05-06 14:04 (UTC)


drwxr-xr-x 1 root root   18 მაი  6 17:41 sslh.8.gz

Also, thanks!

gilcu3 commented on 2024-05-06 07:53 (UTC)

@taba thanks for the notice, should be fixed now. I did some changes to adapt to upstream behavior better. Now config files are in /etc/sslh/ and you can start any of them (for example default.cfg) by systemctl start sslh@default (uses sslh-fork) or sslh-select@default.

taba commented on 2024-05-04 08:48 (UTC)

sed: can't read scripts/systemd.sslh.service: No such file or directory

gilcu3 commented on 2023-10-28 09:43 (UTC)

@Nebulosa added changes, should be good now, thanks for pointing things out

Nebulosa commented on 2023-10-27 20:49 (UTC) (edited on 2023-10-27 20:58 (UTC) by Nebulosa)

You right, I didn't catch that.

So we need make override systemd file In case using -select and -ev and remove making a link from PKGBUILD.

Like that:


prepare() {
  cd ${pkgname%-git}
  sed -i 's|ExecStart=/usr/sbin/sslh --foreground $DAEMON_OPTS|ExecStart=/usr/bin/sslh-fork --foreground --config=/etc/sslh.cfg|;/EnvironmentFile/d' scripts/systemd.sslh.service
  sed '29 s|443|7443|;30 s|443|8443|;s|thelonious||;/user:/d;/pidfile:/d;s|^\(# example.cfg\)|\1 in /usr/share/doc/'${pkgname%-git}' folder|' < basic.cfg > sslh.cfg

In install file:

post_install() {
    echo "/etc/sslh.cfg editing is required!"
    echo "Details:"
    echo "Don't forget execute 'systemctl daemon-reload' and 'systemctl restart sslh.socket' after editing."
    echo "/usr/bin/sslh-fork is using by default."
    echo "If you want using sslh-select or sslh-ev you should make systemd override file for you own, e.g."
    echo "/etc/systemd/system/sslh.service.d/exec.conf"
    echo "[Service]"
    echo "ExecStart=/usr/bin/sslh-select --foreground --config=/etc/sslh.cfg"

gilcu3 commented on 2023-10-27 20:14 (UTC)

Yes, I get that, but modifying a symlink doesn't seem like the right choice, seems better to have several systemd services. The symlink would be overwritten with every update :|

Nebulosa commented on 2023-10-27 20:10 (UTC) (edited on 2023-10-27 20:19 (UTC) by Nebulosa)

As I wrote before, in item #5 - symlink to required executable file. Sslh.service always start /usr/bin/sslh - so you need only one .service file. I think that, at first, you decide which type of executable you need, linked it, and after configure sslh.cfg. You use only one executable and config.

It's like Apache (fork process for each client) and Nginx (one process for all clients), as I understood, so, no need launch all of them simultaneously .