Package Details: stardict-tools 3.0.2-2

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: stardict-tools
Description: Stardict tools
Upstream URL:
Keywords: stardict tool
Licenses: GPLv3
Submitter: dynamo
Maintainer: dynamo
Last Packager: dynamo
Votes: 5
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2015-08-31 09:03 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2016-09-13 02:34 (UTC)

Latest Comments

Rhinoceros commented on 2022-01-02 04:11 (UTC)

This is quite out of date, isn't it? If you have a look at the -git version, the upstream url has changed, and is out now. The official repos also have this version for vanilla stardict.

This package also depends on libmysqlclient, whereas the -git version depends on the more general libmariadbclient. This is important because when I tried to install this version it wanted to uninstall mariadb-libs and replace it with libmysqlclient. It's also a massive package to build if unnecessary!

dynamo commented on 2016-09-13 02:36 (UTC)

Sorry because I'm too busy. I updated PKGBUILD to make all tools. Thanks @sikmir for new version and @Markismus for notification

Markismus commented on 2016-09-12 09:31 (UTC) (edited on 2016-09-12 09:43 (UTC) by Markismus)

@sikmir Thanks a lot. Finally got stardict-verify working! @dynamo Thanks for uploading the package and maintaining it. Your version remains broken for now, so I had to clone the git URL and replace the content of PKGBUILD with: pkgname=stardict-tools pkgver=3.0.2 pkgrel=2 pkgdesc='Stardict tools' arch=('i686' 'x86_64') url='' license=('GPLv3') depends=('gtk2' 'glib2') makedepends=('intltool' 'libtool' 'libmysqlclient') source=("${pkgname}_${pkgver}.orig.tar.gz" 'fix-compilation.patch' 'fix-lz-linking.patch' 'fix-typo.patch' 'fix-zlib.patch') build() { cd "$srcdir/${pkgname}-$pkgver" patch -p1 < ../fix-compilation.patch patch -p1 < ../fix-lz-linking.patch patch -p1 < ../fix-typo.patch patch -p1 < ../fix-zlib.patch CXXFLAGS=-Wno-narrowing ./ --prefix=/usr sed -i 's/noinst_PROGRAMS =/bin_PROGRAMS +=/' src/Makefile make } package() { cd "$srcdir/${pkgname}-$pkgver" make DESTDIR="$pkgdir" install find "$pkgdir"/usr/bin/ -not -name 'stardict-*' -type f | sed 'p;s#usr/bin/#usr/bin/stardict-#' | xargs -n2 mv } md5sums=('56762aa24df6c985c44e893c56bdd5d6' 'dd55902a93e7c8cd4dcddc2efb407c57' '9d2312c00edb6abbc38a5a7e8fa866db' 'cfc5af4ed3cee7df637da641f19fa5f5' 'f936a9d742b19a4fd29b94e55f0baf97')

sikmir commented on 2016-06-19 09:49 (UTC)

@dynamo please note that "mv ..." line should be placed after "make install". And finally, let's do it for all tools, not for tabfile only: -sed -i 's/\(bin_PROGRAMS = .*\)/\1 tabfile$(EXEEXT)/' src/Makefile +sed -i 's/noinst_PROGRAMS =/bin_PROGRAMS +=/' src/Makefile -mv "$pkgdir"/usr/bin/tabfile "$pkgdir"/usr/bin/stardict-tabfile make DESTDIR=$pkgdir/ install +find "$pkgdir"/usr/bin/ -not -name 'stardict-*' -type f | sed 'p;s#usr/bin/#usr/bin/stardict-#' | xargs -n2 mv

dynamo commented on 2016-06-19 04:44 (UTC)

Thank @sikmir, I will edit

sikmir commented on 2016-06-18 23:37 (UTC) (edited on 2016-06-19 00:02 (UTC) by sikmir)

There are some usefull tools not installed with package by default (for more details see README): pydict2dic, olddic2newdic, oxford2dic, directory2dic, dictd2dic, wquick2dic, ec50, directory2treedic, treedict2dir, jdictionary, mova, xmlinout, soothill, kanjidic2, powerword, kdic, 21tech, 21shiji, buddhist, tabfile, dsl2dict, cedict, edict, duden, stardict-dict-update, degb2utf, frgb2utf, jpgb2utf, gmx2utf, rucn, kingsoft, wikipedia, wikipediaImage, babylon, stardict2txt, stardict-verify, fest2dict, i2e2dict, downloadwiki, testutf8, ooo2dict, myspell2dic, exc2i2e, dictbuilder, tabfile2sql, KangXi, Unihan, xiaoxuetang-ja, wubi, bgl2txt, ydp2dict, wordnet, lingvosound2resdb, resdatabase2dir, dir2resdatabase, stardict-index, stardict-text2bin, stardict-bin2text. It looks like no way to enable them via configure script, so there is simple way to get it done (e.g. add tabfile): (insert before make) sed -i 's/\(bin_PROGRAMS = .*\)/\1 tabfile$(EXEEXT)/' src/Makefile (insert after make install) mv "$pkgdir"/usr/bin/tabfile "$pkgdir"/usr/bin/stardict-tabfile

sikmir commented on 2016-05-30 08:10 (UTC) (edited on 2016-06-18 21:05 (UTC) by sikmir)

A failure occurred in build: ec50.cpp: In function ‘void captureAllChn(int)’: ec50.cpp:606:55: error: narrowing conversion of ‘255’ from ‘int’ to ‘char’ inside { } [-Wnarrowing] const char const_ff[5]={0x0ff,0x0ff,0x0ff,0x0ff,0x0ff}; The fix is simple: -./ --prefix=/usr +CXXFLAGS=-Wno-narrowing ./ --prefix=/usr

mildred commented on 2015-10-29 12:53 (UTC)

stardict-editor has a dependency to the package dictd that provides /usr/bin/dictzip. If it is not installed, generating a dictionary will output: sh: dictzip: command not found