Package Details: sup 1.0-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: sup
Description: Sup is a console-based email client for people with a lot of email. Great mutt alternative.
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL
Conflicts: sup-git
Submitter: Garoth
Maintainer: asch
Last Packager: asch
Votes: 52
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2009-05-12 15:12
Last Updated: 2020-07-14 09:39

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next › Last »

mseiwald commented on 2010-12-11 00:10

Afaik sup does not yet work with Ruby 1.9. I installed ruby1.8 and rubygems1.8 from AUR and then installed rake and sup with gem. Works fine for me.

hollunder commented on 2010-10-24 07:23

Did anyone try sup from git, or whatever scm they use? Maybe it's fixed there? It will almost certainly bite users of other distros too.

Garoth commented on 2010-10-24 06:23

To be honest, I'm pretty stumped as to what to do about this thing. The issue, as far as I understand it, shouts "not your package" -- I don't think I'm doing anything wrong on this end :(

fauno commented on 2010-10-23 20:01

nope, it still complains about not finding ncurses, and ncurses from gems doesn't build...

hollunder commented on 2010-10-23 18:54

I still use it with old ruby, didn't try with updated ruby since september, and it seems this package wasn't updated since may. Maybe some ruby update in the meanwhile made it work again?

fauno commented on 2010-10-23 16:56

Hey, is sup working? judging by the comments it doesn't...

hollunder commented on 2010-09-14 13:27

Someone on the sup list wrote that there are other issues with out 1.9.2 package as well, so yeah, help from someone really knowledgeable is a good idea.

Garoth commented on 2010-09-13 21:23

Anyway, I've caught up as much as I can with the issue, but I don't have any brilliant ideas off hand. Trying to get some knowledgeable help to sort it out.

Garoth commented on 2010-09-13 21:21

Ugh, it's a pain in the ass this time for sure...

hollunder commented on 2010-09-03 21:22

Thanks for looking into it.
I managed to build 1.9.1 again (the trick was to uninstall 1.9.2 before building 1.9.1).

There's a mailinglist thread about it already, with some more hints: