Package Details: ttf-merriweather 1:2.100-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: ttf-merriweather
Description: A typeface that is pleasant to read on screens by Sorkin Type Co
Upstream URL:
Licenses: custom:SIL Open Font License v1.1
Conflicts: ttf-google-fonts-opinionated-git, ttf-merriweather-ib
Submitter: CommodoreCrunch
Maintainer: CommodoreCrunch
Last Packager: CommodoreCrunch
Votes: 115
Popularity: 0.95
First Submitted: 2017-01-09 22:28 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2022-05-28 19:44 (UTC)

Latest Comments

alerque commented on 2020-07-01 04:37 (UTC)

Please remove xorg-fonts-encodings as well. There should be no dependencies at all on most font packages. Please also fix the license, OFL is considered a standard license now.

devourerOfBits80 commented on 2020-06-30 17:15 (UTC)

Currently corrupted because it is dependent on the xorg-font-utils package that doesn't exist in the official repositories anymore.

nTia89 commented on 2020-06-29 21:03 (UTC)

Following upstream changes [1,2] we need to clean deps array.

[1] [2]

alerque commented on 2020-06-29 20:11 (UTC)

It addition to xorg-font-utils please drop the fontconfig and xorg-font-encodings dependencies. Font package should have no dependencies except in special cases, which this font is not. All those things are long obsolete and solved other ways.

polygamma commented on 2020-06-29 18:34 (UTC)

The package xorg-font-utils has been removed from the Arch repositories, this package cannot be built and installed anymore.

Thermi commented on 2018-01-13 17:42 (UTC)

Hey, bump PKGREL next time you edit dependencies and stuff! I got problems with upgrading ttf-google-fonts-git because you didn't do that!

CommodoreCrunch commented on 2017-08-07 20:04 (UTC)


commented on 2017-08-07 20:03 (UTC)

is there any reason why downgrading from 2.000 to 1.585?

commented on 2017-01-27 13:58 (UTC)

No need to for install file to run fc-cache. This run by the hook at /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/fontconfig.hook.

eigengrau commented on 2017-01-26 13:48 (UTC)

Thanks CommodoreCrunch! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

CommodoreCrunch commented on 2017-01-26 00:09 (UTC)

Wowee. The things I didn't know. Thanks to all of you. I've vastly overhauled the package and created an IFTTT action for that atom feed so I know when to update this. I'll do the same to the other fonts I maintain over the next day or so.

Awesome_Donkey commented on 2017-01-25 10:46 (UTC)

Yeah, the build still fails by default but it was pretty easy to fix. Replace the portion of the sources to and it'll build correctly.

eigengrau commented on 2017-01-24 21:02 (UTC)

Hello CommodoreCrunch! Since the upstream filenames don’t include the version, building the package will break for people using the source caching feature of makepkg (because the checksums will be failing for the cached files). This is why downloaded files should have a globally unique filename. Would you kindly update the download destinations so they are using the form source=(foo-$PKGVER::$URL)(cf. All the best, E.

hcorion commented on 2017-01-24 20:05 (UTC) (edited on 2017-01-24 20:05 (UTC) by hcorion)

To use the hash of a commit: instead of so that your package doesn't break whenever upstream updates. If your worried about not being bothered by updates you can subscribe via atom (like RSS) to commits and then can update whenever the repo updates. To generate an atom just append .atom at the end of the commits url like this one: You can even subscribe to the update of a folder via the following url:

hcorion commented on 2017-01-24 19:55 (UTC)

You also shouldn't be using the sources from master, you should use the hash of a commit.

CommodoreCrunch commented on 2017-01-24 19:46 (UTC)

This was fixed over an hour ago. The problem is I'm fetching files that don't have a version number in the URL anywhere, so updates break the checksums. Which is good in a way, because it forces me to notice upstream updates. If I was a normal person I'd fetch these with git and not bother with checksums, but I am not a normal person.

hcorion commented on 2017-01-24 19:20 (UTC)

Here are the correct sha256sums: af3e0584567c1c4c65132740df5d4b276d906b74ebe77ec38c0d9bd1db2c10be Merriweather-black.ttf c6dc539774b2f075ac60cc78aef8c4b62e4ad27ff615ef9cb8c6f726c915f9e8 Merriweather-BlackItalic.ttf ff767f15660790c17208f8c0aeb1a627dc5aca48bc2438faa503f67dc6cf080d Merriweather-Bold.ttf 51d56708b246d188c8468e1a792cf2eadecc844f1f2f1a79856d70c70f785b1f Merriweather-BoldItalic.ttf 8817efa38565cb6b7625cc35fc9d2ec2da5a5a57e35e616d5af65be8e99339a9 Merriweather-Italic.ttf c2edab6e8962dd88fd4f39d598f77066d9d0c8f213bbc7f4e2abb524b028ed31 Merriweather-Light.ttf e7b49e08cf8ab822490ed067d40a9e06691b94877d56d5ced8384fb5f5571a5b Merriweather-LightItalic.ttf 4e3867110091c1220b4d370c8ecef935724b59292a4a54a8b63d9d911e01f560 Merriweather-Regular.ttf

keepitsimpleengr commented on 2017-01-24 18:21 (UTC)

==> Validating source files with sha256sums... Merriweather-Black.ttf ... FAILED Merriweather-BlackItalic.ttf ... FAILED Merriweather-Bold.ttf ... FAILED Merriweather-BoldItalic.ttf ... FAILED Merriweather-Italic.ttf ... FAILED Merriweather-Light.ttf ... FAILED Merriweather-LightItalic.ttf ... FAILED Merriweather-Regular.ttf ... FAILED OFL.txt ... Skipped ==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check! :)

tsirif commented on 2017-01-14 19:45 (UTC)

Please update sha256sum for `OFL.txt` license files in the google fonts you maintain. :)

commented on 2017-01-11 02:23 (UTC)

this package has conflict with ttf-google-fonts-git. please add ttf-google-fonts-git as conflicts.