Package Details: ungoogled-chromium-git 88.0.4324.104.1.r3.ga9140d5-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/ungoogled-chromium-git.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: ungoogled-chromium-git
Description: A lightweight approach to removing Google web service dependency (master branch)
Upstream URL: https://github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
Licenses: BSD
Conflicts: chromium
Provides: chromium
Submitter: JstKddng
Maintainer: JstKddng
Last Packager: JstKddng
Votes: 5
Popularity: 0.021957
First Submitted: 2020-04-16 13:55
Last Updated: 2021-01-31 16:55

Dependencies (48)

Required by (86)

Sources (7)

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

Koffiepoeder commented on 2020-12-31 15:35

==> Starting prepare()...
patching file media/base/media.cc
patching file chrome/browser/nearby_sharing/certificates/nearby_share_encrypted_metadata_key.h
patching file components/federated_learning/sim_hash.h
patching file third_party/skia/src/ports/SkFontHost_FreeType.cpp
patching file media/gpu/vaapi/vaapi_video_decode_accelerator.cc
patching file ui/gl/gl_image_native_pixmap.cc
patching file gpu/command_buffer/service/error_state.cc
patching file media/gpu/vaapi/vaapi_video_decode_accelerator.cc
Hunk #1 succeeded at 677 (offset 36 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 709 with fuzz 2 (offset 43 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 1166 (offset 71 lines).
patching file media/gpu/vaapi/vaapi_video_decode_accelerator.h
Hunk #1 succeeded at 209 (offset 5 lines).
patching file media/gpu/vaapi/vaapi_wrapper.cc
Hunk #1 succeeded at 135 (offset 4 lines).
patching file media/gpu/vaapi/vaapi_wrapper.h
Hunk #1 succeeded at 80 (offset 1 line).
  -> Pruning binaries
ERROR: 611 files could not be pruned.
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in prepare().
    Aborting...
error making: ungoogled-chromium-git

zacjor commented on 2020-09-02 20:04

Getting the following 404 error:

curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

==> ERROR: Failure while downloading https://github.com/stha09/chromium-patches/releases/download/chromium-85-patchset-3/chromium-85-patchset-3.tar.xz

JstKddng commented on 2020-05-09 02:08

just updated to add a re2 patch. Also, this package builds 81.0.4044.138, no tag for it though.

@lunainvictum

That is the problem with dynamic linking, you could try to use guix. Supposedly these problems are avoided by design. I think there are some problems related to font-config but apart from that it should work.

bsdice commented on 2020-05-08 23:03

@lunainvictum Fixing this problem would require a fully static build of chromium or some nasty LD_PRELOAD_PATH scripting or running it in a container with correct library collection or use flatpak or similar.

To mitigate, I run findbrokenpkgs after any update to find newly missing libraries especially in AUR packages. Originally it is a Gentoo invention.

What you need is /etc/findbrokenpkgs/arch.conf to filter noise and tune search paths:

SEARCH_DIRS="/usr/bin /usr/lib /usr/local/bin /usr/local/sbin /usr/local/lib /opt"
SEARCH_DIRS_MASK="/usr/lib/ImageMagick-7.0.10/modules-Q16HDRI"
LD_LIBRARY_MASK="libGLU.so.1 libKF5CoreAddons.so.5 libKF5I18n.so.5 libKF5Wallet.so.5 libQt5Bluetooth.so.5"

I also wrote a small awk script called /usr/local/bin/collect-missing-libs to populate that LD_LIBRARY_MASK (have to comment it out while running the script to get everything freshly reported):

#!/bin/sh

findbrokenpkgs -nc -nw 2>&1 | \ awk ' BEGIN { FS="needs missing" } / needs missing / { split($2,a," ") for (l in a) arr[a[l]]=1 } END { x=0 for (l in arr) { if (x==1) printf " %s",l else { x=1 printf "%s",l } } printf "\n" } ' | \ xargs -n1 | sort -u | xargs

lunainvictum commented on 2020-05-08 22:05

And yet again Chromium is broken :(

/usr/lib/chromium/chromium: error while loading shared libraries: libre2.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Isnt it possible to fix such problems forever?

I let my Server build it again. Hopes it fixes...

lunainvictum commented on 2020-05-02 14:02

@JstKddng

Now it fails at the very end with this Error:

../../v8/src/objects/js-number-format.cc:1227:15: error: no member named 'getAllFieldPositions' in 'icu_67::number::FormattedNumber' formatted.getAllFieldPositions(*fp_iter, status); ~~~~~~~~~ ^

Edit: Saw u add this Patch at the time, where the build was running. Trying yet again... Even with TR 1950x it takes 2 Hours.

JstKddng commented on 2020-05-02 13:22

@lunainvictum

yeah, had to add another patch for icu67, it should work now

lunainvictum commented on 2020-05-02 02:35

I rebuild Chromium, because i cant start it because of that error:

/usr/lib/chromium/chromium: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.65: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

but after rebuild, still that error.

JstKddng commented on 2020-04-22 13:23

@bsdice

you could set up LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME, also, commenting that line doesn't enable some ungoogled flags.

bsdice commented on 2020-04-22 01:43

So I compiled this on my E3-1275v6 and it took 4.5 hours. What a behemoth. Looking into upgrading to a dual 7742 EPYC system now to speed things up...

Package works, but I had to uninstall intel-media-driver which was installed via intel-media-sdk (optional for ffmpeg) because Youtube video crashed out with error after 1-2 seconds. I am on Xorg/i3/picom and only libva-intel-driver works on my setup. When both are installed it seems intel-media-driver is now preferentially used. Can't figure out why because these drivers are too much of an API rabbit hole to me.