Package Details: upmpdcli 1.4.5-2

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/upmpdcli.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: upmpdcli
Description: A UPnP Media Renderer front-end for the Music Player Daemon (MPD)
Upstream URL: http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/
Licenses: GPL2
Submitter: oxplot
Maintainer: FabioLolix (blackhole, ElVirolo)
Last Packager: blackhole
Votes: 14
Popularity: 0.129111
First Submitted: 2015-11-24 03:17
Last Updated: 2019-12-06 22:40

Dependencies (28)

Required by (0)

Sources (2)

Latest Comments

1 2 3 Next › Last »

keithspg commented on 2020-02-14 11:53

The source package has updated to 1.4.6 and the build requirements changed. libupnpp still needs to be built, but now a libnpupnp needs to be built as well. https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/libnpupnp.html

blackhole commented on 2019-04-06 07:25

Ok I added mpd to the After section of systemd service. Added sha256sum for source

skunark commented on 2019-04-04 06:01

It might be desirable to start the upmpdcli service after mpd:

sed -i '/^After/ s/$/ mpd.service/' "${pkgdir}"/usr/lib/systemd/system/upmpdcli.service

skunark commented on 2019-03-21 01:40

Also.... Here is the sc2mpd PKGBUILD for upmpdcli to enable the Linn Kazoo app to control the songcast open home servers...

https://pastebin.com/fJZ0scYZ

One interesting tidbit is the build script downloads the OpenHome libraries using a certain git-commit and the are only needed for building. This feels like it's side-stepping checksums, so i'm not sure what the best approach really is here.. If anyone has better PKGBUILD kung-fu than I might know how to put those in there own unique package.

skunark commented on 2019-03-21 01:25

I had some missing dependencies so i tweaked the PKGBUILD as follows:

depends=('python' 'libmpdclient' 'libupnpp>=0.17.0' 'libmicrohttpd' 'jsoncpp')

makedepends=('python-setuptools' 'libmpdclient' 'libupnpp>=0.17.0' 'libmicrohttpd' 'jsoncpp' 'python-requests' 'recoll' 'python-bottle' 'python-mutagen' 'mutagen' 'aspell-en' 'id3lib' 'python-waitress' 'sqlite')

optdepends=('python2: OpenHome Radio Service' 'python-requests: enable search' 'recoll: enable search' 'python-bottle: enable uprcl media server' 'python-mutagen: enable uprcl media server' 'mutagen: enable uprcl media server' 'aspell-en' 'id3lib' 'python-waitress: enable uprcl media server' 'sqlite')

Also there were some permissions issues, so i added sys users.d and tmpfiles.d

sysusers.d: u upmpdcli - - m upmpdcli audio

tmpfiles.d: d /run/upmpdcli 0755 upmpdcli upmpdcli d /var/cache/upmpdcli 0755 upmpdcli upmpdcli

and of course within the package() group: install -Dm644 ../../tmpfiles.d "${pkgdir}"/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/upmpdcli.conf install -Dm644 ../../sysusers.d "${pkgdir}"/usr/lib/sysusers.d/upmpdcli.conf

blackhole commented on 2019-03-13 21:51

My idea is that the original systemd service should be removed. Inside the file from original developer is written: "For some reason, the first start of libupnp fails. Probably this should be started later in the start sequence, but I don't know how. Retry a bit later. “

I always prefer systemd user services, when is possible. This would get rid of special users like “upmpdcli” that is complicating things, but this is my personal opinion.

I have not checked all the dependencies, I hope that are no more than necessary but… there is a problem: if I want to install upmpdcli in a headless system without graphical Desktop, recoll and other is a little too much… Maybe a upmdcli-lite?

ElVirolo commented on 2019-03-13 20:27

I did another version there : https://opensourceprojects.eu/p/upmpdcliaur/code/ I used systemd-tmp files and sysusers, which I think is the way to go these days (not sure though).

/usr/share/upmpdcli should be chowned to upmpdcli:upmpdcli (see https://opensourceprojects.eu/p/upmpdcli/tickets/42/ ).

Also, I added gpg signature checking for the source code (key should be added beforehand with gpg --recv-key F8E3347256922A8AE767605B7808CE96D38B9201).

I can't get qobuz to work though.

blackhole commented on 2019-03-13 17:10

Added user systemd service, since the one with user upmpdcli was not working correctly. Fixed permissions on upmpdcli.conf Added missing dependency chmlib

Tested and compiled fine in aarch64, armv7h. x86_64

blackhole commented on 2019-03-13 12:48

Just updated. Not sure about Maintainers... Tested in a headless installation with MPD and is working fine.

phgGrue commented on 2019-02-26 20:30

it compiles, but with libupnp 0.17 upmpdcli 1.2.15-2 does not work. I reload 0.16.1 and everything is fine. (on github is a package Archphile - it's for arm, but the PKGBUILD could work for other arch, it uses the newest versions, I did not try it) Thanks for your support!