Package Details: upmpdcli 1.4.5-2

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/upmpdcli.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: upmpdcli
Description: A UPnP Media Renderer front-end for the Music Player Daemon (MPD)
Upstream URL: http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/
Licenses: GPL2
Submitter: oxplot
Maintainer: FabioLolix (blackhole, ElVirolo)
Last Packager: blackhole
Votes: 15
Popularity: 1.04
First Submitted: 2015-11-24 03:17
Last Updated: 2019-12-06 22:40

Dependencies (28)

Required by (0)

Sources (2)

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next › Last »

ElVirolo commented on 2019-02-24 17:01

phgGrue: Could you be more specific? Do you mean it doesn't compile? On my machine, it compiles and runs fine with libupnpp 0.17. The new PKGBUILD is ready. I'm testing it and will upload it very soon if it is satisfactory.

phgGrue commented on 2019-02-23 18:05

it does not work with libupnpp 17.0 , with 16.1 it works. Please set above to libupnpp>=0.15.3 <0.17.0

ElVirolo commented on 2019-02-21 12:55

@blackhole Thank you. The PKGBUILD was intended as a quick fix, but its quality isn't suitable at all. I'm working on a clean one that actually works and which'll, hopefully, make upgrades easier. I'm new to this, and I don't have much free time, so it'll take me a few days.

I sent TilmanV an email to ask him whether he still wanted to maintain the package.

blackhole commented on 2019-02-20 10:52

@ElVirolo I had to fix something for a working 1.4.0 chmod 644 /etc/upmpdcli.conf mkdir -p /var/cache/upmpdcli cd /var/cache/ chown -R upmpdcli:upmpdcli upmpdcli

blackhole commented on 2019-02-20 09:46

I have a lot of problems with 1.4.0... and I cannot compile 1.2.15! Anyone with a link to a compiled package of upmpdcli 1.2.15-2 and the corresponding working libupnp? Thanks

ElVirolo commented on 2019-02-11 12:54

New PKGBUILD:

# Maintainer: Mansour Behabadi <mansour@oxplot.com>
# Maintainer: Tilman Vatteroth <tilman.vatteroth@udo.edu>

pkgname=upmpdcli
pkgver=1.4.0
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A UPnP Media Renderer front-end for the Music Player Daemon (MPD)"
arch=('i686' 'x86_64' 'armv7h' 'armv6h')
url="http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/"
license=('GPL2')
depends=('libmpdclient' 'libupnpp>=0.17.0' 'libmicrohttpd' 'jsoncpp' 'curl' 'expat' 'python-requests' 'recoll' 'python-bottle' 'python-mutagen' 'mutagen' 'aspell-en' 'id3lib' 'python-waitress' 'sqlite3') 
optdepends=('python2: OpenHome Radio Service')
install=upmpdcli.install
source=(http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/downloads/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz)
sha256sums=('28742910fa16b72f0c4e5b7dc561f59aa7f1a5fdd3e8e4f72f359d2e4af90d35')
backup=('etc/upmpdcli.conf')

build() {
  cd "$srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver"
  ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr
  make
}

package() {
  cd "$srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver"
  make DESTDIR="$pkgdir" install
  install -Dm644 systemd/upmpdcli.service ${pkgdir}/usr/lib/systemd/system/upmpdcli.service
  sed '/\[Service\]/a User=upmpdcli' -i ${pkgdir}/usr/lib/systemd/system/upmpdcli.service
}

tck42 commented on 2019-01-25 03:45

@skunark - not sure if this will ever get updated - are you able to share your pkgbuild somewhere? (thanks in advance)

skunark commented on 2018-11-10 12:15

The upmpdcli cache directory should also be created:

d /var/cache/upmpdcli 0755 upmpdcli upmpdcli

skunark commented on 2018-11-05 03:51

I had to add a few dependencies to enable the uprcl feature, i believe this is complete:

depends=('libmpdclient' 'libupnpp>=0.15.3' 'libmicrohttpd' 'jsoncpp' 'curl' 'expat' 'python-requests' 'recoll' 'python-bottle' 'python-mutagen' 'mutagen' 'aspell-en' 'id3lib' 'python-waitress' 'sqlite3' )

I believe recoll, bottle, mutagen, waitress and aspell-en are all required for the built in Upnp server (uprcl), but not required for the other plugins.

Also I believe 1.4 will be released soon and that will require libupnpp>-0.17.0

TilmanV commented on 2017-07-06 17:40

@marcaurel

Thats not my fault.
Ask @Tristelune for an update of https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libupnpp/

You can edit the PKGBUILD of libupnpp by yourself and change the version to 0.15.3. Thats what I did.