Package Details: vivaldi-codecs-ffmpeg-extra-bin-arm 85.0.4183.121-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: vivaldi-codecs-ffmpeg-extra-bin-arm
Description: Prebuilt ffmpeg-codecs package for Vivaldi for arm
Upstream URL:
Keywords: binary codecs ffmpeg vivaldi
Licenses: LGPL
Provides: vivaldi-ffmpeg-codecs
Submitter: Feakster
Maintainer: Feakster (TheGoliath)
Last Packager: Feakster
Votes: 2
Popularity: 0.22
First Submitted: 2020-08-09 12:07
Last Updated: 2020-10-03 18:54

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

Feakster commented on 2020-08-09 12:17

For all people using this package, this is a new multi-arch version of the previous aarch64, armv6 and armv7 packages.


Terence commented on 2020-05-23 20:58

Eh, my bad!

TheGoliath commented on 2020-05-23 20:44

No sorry, accidentally added the architecture. You can remove it if you want or I'll do that tomorrow ;)

Feakster commented on 2020-05-23 20:32

Does this package work on aarch64 operating systems? It uses the armhf version of the deb file.

TheGoliath commented on 2020-05-12 17:45

@Freakster I'm gonna help you with the maintenance, yet it's good to have another person to look over needed changes (especially as I've already accumulated about 450 packages which I maintain)


Feakster commented on 2020-05-03 14:04

Yet, having said all of that, I've just pushed a minor update to the package to match the latest version of ffmpeg-extra, and updated the sha256sums, and it works. Annoyingly, Vivaldi still produces a "Media support" popup message regarding missing codecs, but the ffmpeg test video plays. The popup can be permanently dismissed by checking "Do not show again".

Feakster commented on 2020-05-03 13:32

No worries @squidd. As I mentioned, this package isn't currently in a functioning state. If you click "More information" on the "Media support" popup that appears when you open Vivaldi, the instructions listed under the "Installing proprietary media support" section should have you covered.

squidd commented on 2020-05-03 13:29

@Feakster thank you for taking the time, I ended up figuring it out. I am pretty noobish when it comes to Arch. Vivaldi is awesome so far. But sadly it seems like it's not great for playing media from my plex server. But thanks for the time and effort.

Feakster commented on 2020-05-03 13:24

Hi @TheGoliath, I notice you currently maintain the vivaldi-arm64 package. Would you like to take over this package? I've added you as a "co-maintainer" for now. As I mentioned in my previous reply to @squidd, unfortunately, I haven't had the time to maintain it. Although the need for this package has been somewhat replaced by the /opt/vivaldi/update-ffmpeg script that comes bundled with vivaldi-arm64, I still feel it has a purpose, as it can provide a more up to date version of the media codecs.

Feakster commented on 2020-05-03 13:22

Hi @squidd, currently, the main problem with the package is that the installation directory in incorrect. I take it you currently have vivaldi-arm64 installed from the AUR. Even if you added the --skipchecksums flag in yay and managed to install vivaldi-codecs-ffmpeg-extra-bin-arm64, upon opening Vivaldi a prompt for missing codecs would still appear at the top of the screen. Currently, vivaldi-arm64 places a script in /opt/vivaldi/ called update-ffmpeg. This script can be run as root to install the missing codecs (albeit, a slightly out of date version). In this script, the correct installation directory for the codecs can be seen to be /var/opt/vivaldi/media-codecs-${FFMPEG_version%-*}/. However, line 34 of the PKGBUILD currently has the installation target set to /usr/share/vivaldi-codecs/, (which is then copied to /opt/vivaldi/lib/ by vivaldi-codecs-ffmpeg-extra-bin.install). Adding some code to the PKGBUILD or vivaldi-codecs-ffmpeg-extra-bin.install to clean the installation target directory of old versions, and correcting the installation target directory would probably fix this package. However, unfortunately, I haven't had the time to make any serious modifications since taking it over. All I've managed to do is modify it to use a newer version of the codecs, and do a bit of package housekeeping (renaming the package, and correcting URL links).