Package Details: vivaldi-codecs-ffmpeg-extra-bin 77.0.3865.90-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/vivaldi-codecs-ffmpeg-extra-bin.git (read-only)
Package Base: vivaldi-codecs-ffmpeg-extra-bin
Description: Prebuilt ffmpeg-codecs package for vivaldi
Upstream URL: https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/amd64/chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra/download
Keywords: binary codecs ffmpeg vivaldi
Licenses: LGPL
Conflicts: vivaldi-ffmpeg-codecs
Provides: vivaldi-ffmpeg-codecs
Submitter: lucifermstar
Maintainer: lucifermstar (snqlby, erikdubois, direc85)
Last Packager: lucifermstar
Votes: 32
Popularity: 2.005736
First Submitted: 2017-09-25 06:18
Last Updated: 2019-10-08 17:16

Pinned Comments

lucifermstar commented on 2019-04-18 08:41

IF/WHEN the package goes out of date. Just download this repo and run ./update_pkg.sh and then build the package manually with makepkg. That should work until the version is updated on the AUR.

If anyone wants to help with the maintenance of the package (its basically executing a script, doing a sanity check, and then push to git), feel free to send me a mail. I've already added two people as co-maintainers. Lets see if that helps.

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 Next › Last »

lucifermstar commented on 2019-10-08 17:19

@direc85 thanks for the flag. I've updated the package for now; I added you as a co-maintainer as well, feel free to update the package if/when it goes out of date :)

direc85 commented on 2019-10-08 17:14

The package needs updating again, and update_pkg.sh works as intended:

git diff
(cut)
-pkgver=76.0.3809.100
+pkgver=77.0.3865.90
(cut)

@lucifermstar I would like to help, too. Could you add me as a co-maintainer, too? Thanks!

Anonymous comment on 2019-08-19 05:53

Change the source to: <https://confuzer.cloud/mirror/archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/c/chromium-browser/chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra_75.0.3770.90-0ubuntu0.18.04.1_amd64.deb> and md5sum to b0a0397f8116964627f1f85a23f46481.

vp_arth commented on 2019-06-10 07:09

Actual package can always be found at http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/c/chromium-browser/

md5sum section must be updated also for integrity check.


For me and now it was:

source=(
  "http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/c/chromium-browser/chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra_73.0.3683.103-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb
)
md5sums=("bd4fe11d076a34d980a374c00ff7301e")

lucifermstar commented on 2019-04-18 08:41

IF/WHEN the package goes out of date. Just download this repo and run ./update_pkg.sh and then build the package manually with makepkg. That should work until the version is updated on the AUR.

If anyone wants to help with the maintenance of the package (its basically executing a script, doing a sanity check, and then push to git), feel free to send me a mail. I've already added two people as co-maintainers. Lets see if that helps.

yoarch commented on 2019-04-15 07:32

Same error than @zangoku.

The source is:

chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra_73.0.3683.75-0ubuntu0.18.04.1_amd64.deb

and should be:

chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra_73.0.3683.86-0ubuntu0.18.04.1_amd64.deb

So, either there is an issue in the pkgver:

pkgver=73.0.3683.75

should be:

pkgver=73.0.3683.86

or there is an issue in the package name.

I can handle it if necessary..

zangoku commented on 2019-04-13 21:59

getting this error:

curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found ==> ERROR: Failure while downloading http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/c/chromium-browser/chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra_72.0.3626.121-0ubuntu0.18.04.1_amd64.deb

liOnux commented on 2019-03-28 21:10

This package is out-of-date. So, I tried this in /etc/pacman.conf :

[herecura]
Server = https://repo.herecura.be/$repo/$arch

And I installed vivaldi-ffmpeg-codecs-73.0.3683.88-1-x86_64

meowxiik commented on 2019-03-09 18:44

@sng Thanks for the hack @lucifermstar either I'm an idiot or I don't know, how do I update? My version is still the same as in AUR.

lucifermstar commented on 2019-03-09 18:18

Okay, people. Most of the breaking happened because I updated the version this morning (someone flagged the package). The newer version seems to be built against a different version of libc than the one available on arch. Ubuntu also removed the old version (that's why rollback failed). I switched over to pulling only LTS packages off of ubuntu. I tested this one on my computer (I use Manjaro, on this one) and it seems to be working fine. so, let me know if another issue arises. I'd prefer to have a different source, perhaps debian or even a fedora or suse repo; if you are aware of a different source, leave the link here and I will check it out :)