Package Details: vivaldi 1.15.1147.64-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: vivaldi
Description: An advanced browser made with the power user in mind.
Upstream URL:
Keywords: browser chromium web
Licenses: custom
Submitter: BlackIkeEagle
Maintainer: BlackIkeEagle
Last Packager: BlackIkeEagle
Votes: 527
Popularity: 8.434122
First Submitted: 2015-01-27 11:28
Last Updated: 2018-08-07 13:27

Dependencies (16)

Sources (1)

Pinned Comments

BlackIkeEagle commented on 2016-10-03 04:40

For the people who just want to pacman -Syu:

You can install it from my repo:

For extra info and help:

For all your bugs:

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next › Last »

giogziro95 commented on 2018-05-31 08:57

It turns out, you might need to remove the package cache afterwards as well; so, just run the following after the reinstallation:

yaourt -Sc && sudo rm -r /tmp/yaourt-tmp-*

cogwerkz commented on 2018-05-30 16:29

@giogziro95 happy to help! :)

giogziro95 commented on 2018-05-30 16:23

@cogwerkz Okay, so I've reinstalled the package-query AUR package and the issue is now gone. I've spent an hour or so to fix this... Can't believe that was just it, LOL.


giogziro95 commented on 2018-05-30 16:03

@cogwerkz Thanks for the reply. I'm using yaourt on Manjaro. Does this issue affect you?

I've also searched the Web and tried some solutions, like passing some additional arguments and editing the script according to this:

But nothing worked...

cogwerkz commented on 2018-05-30 14:39

@giogziro95 are you using yaourt or another AUR-helper? If so chances are you need to (manually) update and install package-query, and then rebuild yaourt or whatever AUR helper you are using.

The reason is some changes in the latest version of pacman which affects packages communication with the AUR.

giogziro95 commented on 2018-05-30 14:31

When I try to install it, I'm getting the following error:

==> ERROR: vivaldi not found in AUR.

This happens on some other packages as well, but I can see their pages on What's going on? Can anyone else replicate this? Is there a way to fix it?

ArnaudM commented on 2018-03-08 23:56

I understand your rationale. I was hoping to help actually. I'm sure I won't be the last to trip on this problem. Now the info is somewhere for the next person seeing: aur-vivaldi/./PKGBUILD: line 45: strings: command not found

abend commented on 2018-03-08 18:39

@BlackIkeEagle. According to:

"AUR helpers are not supported by Arch Linux. It is recommended to become familiar with the manual build process in order to be prepared to troubleshoot problems on one's own.

AUR helpers can replicate pacman(8) usage for the official repositories, such as pacman -Syu. This usage may deviate from pacman in various ways; it is thus not supported or recommended. "

Anyway, you can ask for help as you did. But for these reasons that dependency should not be added.


ArnaudM commented on 2018-03-08 18:30

@BlackIkeEagle Arf. Thanks for your details. I should have told you I did not use makepkg directly but yaourt. As far as I can tell, the full base-devel is not needed. It is not installed on this fresh system and all I had to do is install binutils to get strings(1). Vivaldi works fine.

BlackIkeEagle commented on 2018-03-08 18:18

@ArnaudM to use makepkg you are supposed to have base-devel installed, if binutils is not in that group on manjaro you can open a bugreport there.

pacman -Sg base-devel
base-devel gawk
base-devel systemd
base-devel autoconf
base-devel automake
base-devel binutils
base-devel bison
base-devel fakeroot
base-devel file
base-devel findutils
base-devel flex
base-devel gawk
base-devel gcc
base-devel gettext
base-devel grep
base-devel groff
base-devel gzip
base-devel libtool
base-devel m4
base-devel make
base-devel pacman
base-devel patch
base-devel pkg-config
base-devel sed
base-devel sudo
base-devel systemd
base-devel texinfo
base-devel util-linux
base-devel which