Package Details: vscodium-bin-features 1.82.0-4

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/vscodium-bin-features.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: vscodium-bin-features
Description: Unblock some features in VSCodium
Upstream URL: https://github.com/microsoft/vscode
Licenses: unknown
Conflicts: vscodium-bin-features
Provides: vscodium-bin-features
Submitter: sperg512
Maintainer: silverhikari
Last Packager: silverhikari
Votes: 15
Popularity: 0.55
First Submitted: 2021-05-10 18:00 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2023-10-08 13:10 (UTC)

Pinned Comments

silverhikari commented on 2023-01-28 15:24 (UTC) (edited on 2023-01-28 18:50 (UTC) by silverhikari)

if you are having problems with the installation step with it giving a decoder error, you need to uninstall and reinstall vscodium-bin and vscodium-bin-marketplace. then try to install this package again.

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 Next › Last »

justbispo commented on 2023-10-07 14:45 (UTC)

@silverhikari After testing with product.json, changing "nameShort": "Code" to "nameShort": "VSCodium" and "dataFolderName": ".vscode" to "dataFolderName": ".vscode-oss" fixes the issue.

It seems that nameShort represents the name of the config directory inside ~/.config and dataFolderName the extensions directory inside ~.

silverhikari commented on 2023-10-05 18:37 (UTC)

@Justbispo i did not know that would change as this patch.json is copied from code-features though the reason for this described in the comment sounds reasonable so i do not know if i should modify it

justbispo commented on 2023-10-05 18:01 (UTC)

Is VSCodium supposed to now use the .vscode folder instead of .vscode-oss? I know that code-features warns about that change but I'm not sure if this package is supposed to use this change too. It also seems that since updating this package, VSCodium also uses ~/.config/Code instead of ~/.config/VSCodium.

silverhikari commented on 2023-10-05 16:45 (UTC) (edited on 2023-10-05 16:46 (UTC) by silverhikari)

@BachoSeven thank you for the diff!

BachoSeven commented on 2023-10-05 15:47 (UTC)

@silverhikari the path to product.json is outdated - it's now /opt/vscodium-bin/resources/app/product.json

For convenience, here's the necessary diff for this change: https://0x0.st/HWJ2.diff

rantunes commented on 2023-01-31 22:41 (UTC) (edited on 2023-01-31 22:42 (UTC) by rantunes)

Just chiming in. I was still having trouble after reinstalling vscodium-bin, vscodium-bin-features and vscodium-bin-marketplace altogether. It turns out line 90 of /opt/vscodium/bin/resources/app/product.json was missing a bunch of text. So I replaced

  "https://open-vsx.org"
],

With

"linkProtectionTrustedDomains": ["https://open-vsx.org"],

Everything is working fine again.

scott_tams commented on 2023-01-30 13:44 (UTC)

bkb, I understand, but it's important to remember this is the Arch USER repository. I'm just a user of the package who came along and noticed it was broken and submitted a patch. The issue with the broken file sticking around so much has to do with the way pacman caches stuff. I've just submitted a patch to the maintainer which falls back to fetching a fresh copy of product.json from github.

bkb commented on 2023-01-28 21:18 (UTC) (edited on 2023-01-28 21:20 (UTC) by bkb)

Sorry if I'm harsh, maybe I'm to used to repeat already said information, even more last days, that plus some other things doesn't help. Maybe the faulty files come from my part, it's just that I don't find normal that the wrapper doesn't remove/reinstall files, especially since they are not configuration one, not in home folder. But maybe it's the package too, but in that case, everyone should experience the problem, or maybe a lot of people

But I'll try your pushes to see. It's curious that badly formated JSON still happen after multiple correctives from all bin packages. Something happened in the provider part who has broken all these packages at once

scott_tams commented on 2023-01-28 21:14 (UTC)

bkb, I suspected it might be necessary to do what you've suggested when I submitted the patch to begin parsing the file in python rather than using regexes, but I wasn't sure. I'll submit a patch tomorrow which does what you've suggested should the file on the system fail to parse.