Package Details: xmage 1.4.47V1-2

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/xmage.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: xmage
Description: Java-based program for playing Magic:The Gathering, including client and server
Upstream URL: http://xmage.de
Keywords: gathering magic mtg
Licenses: MIT
Submitter: aidonius
Maintainer: aidonius
Last Packager: aidonius
Votes: 4
Popularity: 1.50
First Submitted: 2018-10-04 23:59
Last Updated: 2021-01-03 02:22

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

wahrwolf commented on 2021-01-21 18:13

I had to prefix the paths in 77, 81 and 83 with ${startdir} instead of .. to get the systemd service into the right place.

arachnid92 commented on 2021-01-16 00:09

Note that on my system, the following change to /usr/bin/mage-client was needed to get the package to work.

Original:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk/bin/java -Xms256m -Xmx2048m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar /usr/share/xmage/mage-client/lib/mage-client-1.4.47.jar &

Modified:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk/jre/bin/java -Xms256m -Xmx2048m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar /usr/share/xmage/mage-client/lib/mage-client-1.4.47.jar &

aidonius commented on 2021-01-03 02:45

weirddan445: The java8-openjfx was missing from my system. I have changed the default PKGBUILD to only require jre8-openjdk and java8-openjfx. Thank you for your help. I have been wanting to remove the bundled jre for a long time.

The secondary PKGBUILD is now intended to provide support for users wishing to use the bundled JRE given that it is the only version that is specifically supported by upstream.

weirddan455 commented on 2021-01-02 18:04

The "What's new" page works fine for me with OpenJDK 8 in the repos. I think you just need to add java8-openjfx as a dependency (also in the repos.) You also need to modify the mage-client and mage-server scripts to point to OpenJDK 8 if it's not your system's default Java version.

Thanks for the second PKGBUILD though. That works fine :)

aidonius commented on 2020-12-30 19:16

weirddan445: I have not had any success making the "What's New" page work with the repository java. Until everything works 100% I will leave the package as is.

I have added a secondary PKGBUILD that only requires the jre8-openjdk available in the repositories.

weirddan455 commented on 2020-12-23 22:42

So yea, I just tested it and your package works just fine for me with OpenJDK. I just removed the lines around "if [[ "$CARCH" == 'x86_64' ]]"

The start-up script just starts "java" so it'll use the default JVM on your system (configurable with archlinux-java or just modify /usr/bin/mage-client and /usr/bin/mage-server to point to the version you like.) For me, that's OpenJDK 11 and it's actually running fine using both OpenJDK 11 and OpenJDK 8.

EDIT: It is giving some errors about OpenJFX on OpenJDK 11 so the "What's new" page doesn't work. Changing /usr/bin/mage-client to point to /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk/bin/java fixed it though.

weirddan455 commented on 2020-12-23 21:48

Is this bundled (and outdated) JRE really needed? I've been contributing to xmage upstream and it builds and runs just fine for me inside IntelliJ IDEA using the OpenJDK 8 from the Arch repo (1.8.0_265 at time of writing.)

I haven't tried packaging a release version yet but I may give it a try in a bit.

aidonius commented on 2020-07-31 15:26

DMN: The xmage.desktop file is in the directory above the srcdir, I had forgotten to indicate that in the PKGBUILD as ../xmage.desktop. It is now fixed

DMN commented on 2020-07-31 14:45

Aidonius, on update I'm getting:

  -> installing icon and .desktop file...
install: cannot stat 'xmage.desktop': No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
    Aborting...

I think it's just because xmage.desktop needs including in the $source array for it to be copied into $srcdir (I modified the PKGBUILD locally like that which resolved it) but I'm not overly familiar with PKGBUILDs.

Beacon515L commented on 2019-06-27 02:27

Adonius: I've been running xmage-server under java-1.8.0-openjdk-armhf just fine with only hiccoughs I cannot positively attribute to the JRE (likely, card implementation bugs). I have not attempted to run xmage-client on my RPi under thst JRE yet (and likely won't - my whole need for avoiding the launcher's workaround, aside from architecture mismatch, is headless daemonization - which, wink wink nudge nudge, would be a nice systemd unit file to write and package :P)

As you can see in the Github thread, java-1.11.0-openjdk-armhf fairly obviously does not work (although it does start - it just rejects connections, as that is where the then-illegal reflective access occurs).