Package Details: xmlcopyeditor

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: xmlcopyeditor
Description: XML editor based on Scintilla.
Upstream URL:
Licenses: custom
Submitter: djscholl
Maintainer: ebiadsu
Last Packager: ebiadsu
Votes: 67
Popularity: 1.084578
First Submitted: 2006-08-07 00:22
Last Updated: 2018-05-16 16:40

Latest Comments

kaptoxic commented on 2018-03-20 23:34

We probably want to use this package as dependency for enchant:

birdspider commented on 2018-03-05 15:34

there's nothing in AUR that provides enchant=1.6.1

djscholl commented on 2018-03-04 21:57

Arch version bump to fix the download URL, specify enchant 1.6.1, and remove redundant desktop-database calls in xmlcopyeditor.install.

stefan65 commented on 2018-02-24 08:50

Validating the source file using md5sums fails at the moment as the archive download produces a file with only 652 bytes.

mana commented on 2017-12-29 01:05

I couldn't compile with enchant-2.*. It worked after having downgraded enchant to version 1.6.1-2.

djscholl commented on 2014-10-31 23:33

Arch version bump to add intltool to makedepends, thanks to Arch user birdspider. I also dropped the po directory from the installation. The makefiles in it were generating a makepkg warning, and it doesn't seem to be needed at runtime.

birdspider commented on 2014-10-30 16:00

I needed "extra/intltool" , without it I got:

./configure: line 4075: intltool-update: command not found
configure: error: Your intltool is too old. You need intltool 0.40.0 or later.

You might want to add it to the deps.

djscholl commented on 2014-10-29 10:46

New upstream version; thanks to Arch user denspirit for the notification.

djscholl commented on 2014-03-12 23:56

New upstream version; thanks to Arch user aichingm for the notification.

djscholl commented on 2013-11-07 03:46

Arch version bump; upstream applied the enchantlang patch but kept the same version number. This broke the Arch build because the source archive would not validate. Thanks to Arch users sbmomeni and filand for the notification.

filand commented on 2013-11-05 08:20

sbmomeni is right, but I mean he/she didn't explain the problem properly, it sounds like the patch would be optional. It is not, the build is currently broken, since xmlcopyeditor- is already applied to the main source. Also the lines are moved, so the patch is completely invalid and has to be removed.

sbmomeni commented on 2013-11-05 06:48

Upstream applied the "xmlcopyeditor-" patch itself.

djscholl commented on 2013-11-05 02:21

New upstream version. The previous compiler error has been fixed, but another compiler error appeared. This one is fixed in the PKGBUILD by downloading a patch posted in the xmlcopyeditor bug tracker on sourceforge.

djscholl commented on 2013-04-11 02:58

Arch version bump to fix the compiler error (thanks to Arch user leepesjee) and update the PKGBUILD style.

leepesjee commented on 2013-04-08 23:00

The package failes to build, due to an error in housestyle.h; it has an extra ',' in line 71. After removal it builds OK.

djscholl commented on 2012-10-30 23:47

Upstream update to fix build error described by Arch users Lopo and roepi.

djscholl commented on 2012-10-01 23:17

Arch version bump to implement (with sed) the fix described by Arch user roepi.
It doesn't cause any errors on my 32-bit build that I can see.

roepi commented on 2012-10-01 12:08

I get this error on Arch 64-bit. After changing line 279 in mypropertysheet.cpp to
lang = (intptr_t)languageBox->GetClientData(languageChoice);
as proposed in the bug tracker it compiles fine. The application seems to start OK (apart from the SSE2 Xerces warning, but that is a different story); also the property dialog works fine.

djscholl commented on 2012-10-01 11:32

A similar error message was reported on the xmlcopyeditor bug tracker on sourceforge:
That user was building on a 64-bit system. I built on a 32-bit system.
Arch user Lopo, do you have 64-bit or 32-bit?
In the comments under that bug report is a suggested fix that worked for the bug reporter.
Arch user Lopo, do know enough about programming to try the fix? (I do not know enough.)
In either case, I suggest we join that conversation.
If you prefer not to, please report your experiences here, and I will post them on sourceforge.
Debian Wheezy and Arch both use bleeding-edge libraries, which the upstream dev probably does not use.
However, both distros use similar versions of wxgtk, so I suspect possible 64-bit vs. 32-bit.
It may be that the upstream dev does not test on 64-bit Linux.
Arch user Lopo, thanks for your post. Please continue to help us.

Lopo commented on 2012-09-30 13:50

build failed:
mypropertysheet.cpp: In constructor ‘MyPropertySheet::MyPropertySheet(wxWindow*, XmlCtrlProperties&, wxString&, bool, bool, bool, bool, bool, bool, bool, bool, int, const std::set<const wxLanguageInfo*>&, wxWindowID, wxString, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int)’:
mypropertysheet.cpp:178:50: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
mypropertysheet.cpp: In member function ‘void MyPropertySheet::OnOk(wxCommandEvent&)’:
mypropertysheet.cpp:279:56: error: cast from ‘void*’ to ‘int’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
make[1]: *** [mypropertysheet.o] Error 1

djscholl commented on 2012-09-30 01:13

New upstream version; thanks to Arch user alexzose.

alexzose commented on 2012-09-28 21:13

New version ( has been released.