Package Details: youtube-to-mp3 3.9.9.40-2

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/youtube-to-mp3.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: youtube-to-mp3
Description: YouTube to Mp3 converter\nDownloads audio from YouTube or Vimeo and saves it to mp3 or m4a format to listen to locally
Upstream URL: https://www.mediahuman.com/youtube-to-mp3-converter/
Keywords: Converter Youtube
Licenses: unknown
Submitter: meberlei
Maintainer: meberlei
Last Packager: meberlei
Votes: 1
Popularity: 0.48
First Submitted: 2020-04-25 20:42
Last Updated: 2020-06-28 10:57

Required by (0)

Sources (0)

Latest Comments

Cerberus111 commented on 2020-05-28 11:18

Hello,

ok, i used yay and the install was successfull. Primary i use Pamac for packagebuild but there is still md5sum error.

Thanks Best Regards

meberlei commented on 2020-05-28 10:36

Hello, that is weird, on my end, when installing via yay, there is absolutely no problem while checking md5sums. Are you trying to install Version 3.9.9.38-2? Because only this Version will work, since the md5sums change for every package version and the source only provides a link to the newest one. If you also use yay for installing, try clean building the package. Otherwise please tell me your installation process, so I can try to reproduce this error. With Best Regards

Cerberus111 commented on 2020-05-28 09:10

Hello,

the problem with the md5sum error still exists.....

Error Message: One or more files did not pass the validity check! (Translated from German to English)

Thanks Best Regards

meberlei commented on 2020-05-24 09:16

Hello Cerberus111, thanks for informing me. The new Checksums are out, try again please. With best regards, meberlei

Cerberus111 commented on 2020-05-24 08:21

Hello,

the new version has a md5sum error. Version: 3.9.9.38

Please fix it..

Thanks Best regards

meberlei commented on 2020-04-26 11:00

Hello FabioLolix,

I sent a message to the MediaHuman Team regarding that and the person I wrote to there didn't know under what Licence this should be, he gave me permission to redistribute it though, so thanks for pointing out the 'unknown' option. I will correct it.

I don't understand yet how the date will fix the Problem with the md5sums, since the original problem is, that the md5sum hashes will not work as soon as the packages are updated. I am currently working around that problem by having written a script that checks if the hashes still work that I execute on a daily basis which automatically edits the PKGBUILD to have the right checksums. Still obviously, this isn't ideal. I would ideally like to update the checksums in the PKGBUILD script with the pkgver() method but that doesn't seem to be possible. Do you know a better way around that?

With best regards, Matthias Eberlein

FabioLolix commented on 2020-04-26 07:58

Hello, the program have a commercial license, please don't put random licenses; if you don't know what license it have use 'unkwon'

provide, conflicts, replaces are likely not needed, I wasn't able to found a 'yt2mp3'

About the sources there is a a less then ideal situation since the vendor offer unversioned archives. Using source_i386=("$pkgname-$pkgver.deb::htt... source_x86_64=("$pkgname-$pkgver.deb::htt... will cause issue over time, when there is a package update and when using updpkgsums for calculate the file hashes.

I suggest to use

source_i386=("$pkgname-$(date +%F-%H)-i386.deb::htt... source_x86_64=("$pkgname-$(date +%F-%H)-x86_64.deb::htt...