Package Base Details: kodi-devel

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Keywords: kodi kodi-devel
Submitter: alucryd
Maintainer: MarcinWieczorek (graysky)
Last Packager: graysky
Votes: 32
Popularity: 0.160791
First Submitted: 2014-08-11 23:33
Last Updated: 2019-06-20 19:53

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next › Last »

zecakeh commented on 2019-02-21 23:49

I think I have found where the issue is. When you are not in a chroot, the patches are not applied by git (if you check in the log, they are skipped) because it seems you can only apply patches from the root git repository folder if there is one:

And for whatever reason the "patch" safeguard wasn't used after that. I guess "git apply" doesn't return 0 when it skips patches…

Here is a modified PKGBUILD that works for me both outside and inside a clean-chroot:

I have mainly changed the "prepare" function, and I also removed the "-DENABLE_MARIADBCLIENT=ON" and "-DENABLE_MYSQLCLIENT=OFF" flags since it detects mariadb properly now

KenFromBarbie commented on 2019-02-16 14:41

I see

But, still the same error (missing: MARIADBCLIENT_INCLUDE_DIR) when building 18.1rc1 on fully updated Arch Linux. I use yay.

It compiles OK in clean chroot, though.

cpb commented on 2019-02-15 05:28

So we cant update without chroot.

graysky commented on 2019-02-09 18:24

@Niklas - I don't know why. Perhaps some other packages on the wider system mess up the cmake dependency detection for mariadb/mysqld which in the words of a kodi developer is, "a huge mess."[1]


Niklas commented on 2019-02-09 18:18

Why exactly does it work in a clean chroot but not in a normal environment? That should absolutely not be necessary.

Wild_Penguin commented on 2019-02-07 14:28

I can confirm mariadbclient is not found if not build inside chroot (well, the error message is confusing, as if did found version "10.3.12" but didn't find MARIADBCLIENT_INCLUDE_DIR.). But if built in chroot, is found correctly. I use aurutils, in case that makes a difference compared to doing this the manual way.

graysky commented on 2019-02-06 19:35

@cbp @ochiman @abayoumy -

1) Are you building with an AUR helper or makepkg?

2) Are you building in a clean-chroot[1]?


If the reference is too inconvenient for you, try clean-chroot-manager here in the AUR.

cpb commented on 2019-02-06 06:17


I have the same error "Could NOT find MariaDBClient (missing: MARIADBCLIENT_INCLUDE_DIR) "

Can anyone explain how to sort it out thanks.

ochiman commented on 2019-02-06 00:07

still getting error

In file included from /home/ochi/kodi-devel/src/xbmc-18.0-Leia/xbmc/dbwrappers/Database.cpp:23: /home/ochi/kodi-devel/src/xbmc-18.0-Leia/xbmc/dbwrappers/mysqldataset.h:16:10: fatal error: mariadb/mysql.h: Arquivo ou diretório inexistente #include <mariadb/mysql.h> ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ compilation terminated. make[2]: *** [build/dbwrappers/CMakeFiles/dbwrappers.dir/build.make:63: build/dbwrappers/CMakeFiles/dbwrappers.dir/Database.cpp.o] Error 1

it looks like a job for a patch

by now i finish building the package with a simple "sudo ln -s /usr/include/mysql /usr/include/mariadb", its an ulgy solution but for now it solve the problem for me.

ochiman commented on 2019-02-05 23:20

same error "Could NOT find MariaDBClient (missing: MARIADBCLIENT_INCLUDE_DIR) "

manual adding the directory seens to fix it (30% and still compiling here)

-DMARIADBCLIENT_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/mysql/ \