Package Details: archdroid-icon-theme r131.5143e7847-2

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: archdroid-icon-theme
Description: Port of Android 5/6 (Lollipop/Marshmallow)'s material design icons to Arch.
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL3
Conflicts: archdroid-icon-theme, archdroid-icon-theme-git
Provides: archdroid-icon-theme
Submitter: GreenRaccoon23
Maintainer: GreenRaccoon23
Last Packager: GreenRaccoon23
Votes: 25
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2015-03-31 20:15 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2018-01-17 03:17 (UTC)

Latest Comments

1 2 3 Next › Last »

GreenRaccoon23 commented on 2018-01-17 03:35 (UTC) (edited on 2018-01-17 03:36 (UTC) by GreenRaccoon23)

I added 'ttf-roboto' as a dependency. I do not expect it to create any issues, but please let me know if it does.

In the past, multiple AUR packages provided the 'Roboto' font. Now, they also 'provide' the 'ttf-roboto' package, so this package can safely use 'ttf-roboto' as a dependency without causing package conflicts. If this is incorrect, please let me know in the comments.

fluxboxer commented on 2016-12-26 12:06 (UTC)

It requires roboto.

Turtizzle commented on 2016-11-16 21:39 (UTC) (edited on 2016-11-17 00:03 (UTC) by Turtizzle)

@GreenRaccoon23 I'm afraid not, the name of the downloaded source file is still the same, and subfolders are not copied so your _commit variable has no effect. In case you wondered, this is how the cache folder looks like here: $ tree -L 2 . ├── archdroid-icon-theme.install ├── archdroid-icon-theme-r114.ce01a58-2-any.pkg.tar.xz ├── archdroid-icon-theme.tar.xz ├── PKGBUILD └── src . . ├── archdroid-icon-theme . . └── archdroid-icon-theme.tar.xz (The src-folder contains the extracted content of the archive and a symlink to ../archdroid-icon-theme.tar.xz.) As soon as I delete archdroid-icon-theme.tar.xz in the main folder (next to the PKGBUILD), pacaur downloads the new one and succeeds to build the package. I don't know pacaur or PKGBUILDs very well, but I've found this issue on its git: I hope it's helpful. :)

GreenRaccoon23 commented on 2016-11-16 00:24 (UTC) (edited on 2016-11-16 05:30 (UTC) by GreenRaccoon23)

@Turtizzle Awesome work! Thanks! I updated the PKGBUILD with a work-around. This problem should never happen again. :) UPDATE And...spoke too soon. I missed an odd edge case. Fixed.

Turtizzle commented on 2016-11-14 14:32 (UTC) (edited on 2016-11-14 14:35 (UTC) by Turtizzle)

@GreenRaccoon23 I've done some more testing. The problem appears when using pacaur. It caches all previous content in ~/.cache/pacaur and uses the same directory to build new versions of a package. Your source file does not contain the package version in its name, so pacaur assumes that the existing file is still correct and does not attempt to redownload it. It appears that your package is the only one in my list whose source file name omits the version number, that's why the problem hasn't appeared to me before.. I suspected the package first, because someone else reported similar problems before. :/

GreenRaccoon23 commented on 2016-11-12 10:20 (UTC) (edited on 2016-11-12 10:22 (UTC) by GreenRaccoon23)

@Turtizzle That's really odd. 2 of my computers with 2 different OS's on 2 different networks generate the same md5sum as in the PKGBUILD. What's even more odd is that the theme still works for you, since checksums are calculated directly from file bytes. I've updated the PKGBUILD with a more direct url that will hopefully (but probably not) fix it. If anyone is still having problems, I'll just remove the md5sum check. I've been hesitant to resort to that because I don't like to remove error checks for something like http where so many things can go wrong.

Turtizzle commented on 2016-11-07 13:46 (UTC) (edited on 2016-11-07 13:49 (UTC) by Turtizzle)

@GreenRaccoon23 Nope, it's indeed invalid. Had this problem on 2 machines, 2 different days, no changes between. :) Edit: my checksum: 4d09cdb4f30fd3a7f3103c5f00184b1d

GreenRaccoon23 commented on 2016-11-05 08:10 (UTC)

@fusion809 Wow that was fast! I updated the package once and then again a couple minutes later when I found a bug, so you must have tried to update it in those couple of minutes. That's happened before actually, so I'll be a little more prudent with my tests before hitting the update command in the future. I think I'll keep the md5sums in there because the file's so densely compressed, but thanks for adding your comment; it might help people in the future who find themselves in a similar situation.

fusion809 commented on 2016-11-05 06:07 (UTC)

The checksums are invalid. Maybe it would save some time if you replaced line 39 of your PKGBUILD with md5sums=('SKIP').

GreenRaccoon23 commented on 2016-06-03 09:02 (UTC)

@ondoho The icons in this theme are svg images, which use local fonts since they're not in a webpage. This theme uses Roboto. Not many of the icons have text, since one of the main principles of material design is to speak without words, but the few that need it use Roboto. If you haven't installed that font but still want to install the theme, you can just edit the PKGBUILD to skip the `prepare` function. You'd probably only notice a difference in the archive icons (like xz, tar, etc.)