Package Details: courier-mta 0.77.0-3

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/courier-mta.git (read-only)
Package Base: courier-mta
Description: IMAP(s)/POP3(s) and SMTP Server with ML-manager, webmail and webconfig
Upstream URL: http://courier-mta.org
Licenses: GPL2
Conflicts: courier-imap, courier-maildrop, imap-server, smtp-forwarder, smtp-server, ucspi-tcp
Provides: courier-imap, courier-maildrop, imap-server, pop3-server, smtp-forwarder, smtp-server
Submitter: Svenstaro
Maintainer: JesusMcCloud (vario)
Last Packager: vario
Votes: 12
Popularity: 0.757610
First Submitted: 2012-10-13 09:56
Last Updated: 2017-08-14 14:30

Required by (88)

Sources (14)

Latest Comments

vario commented on 2017-08-14 13:04

Thanks for the tips midgard, I am new to PKGBUILD. I have incremented the release number to show these changes (and my minor change to the .install file)

midgard commented on 2017-08-13 13:00

Hi, in PKGBUILD you should quote variables that may contain spaces, in particular ${srcdir} and ${pkgdir} on lines 53, 78, 80, 83, 86, 89, 91, 111 and 119-121.

You should prefix vars you introduce (pamfile on line 89) with an underscore, to avoid interference with makepkg internals. Alternatively, since the var is only used inside package(), you may use a local variable instead:

local pamfile
for pamfile in ...

vario commented on 2017-08-13 09:56

I updated the package install process - tidied up the code and tried to bring the process more into line with a standard Courier install. Hope everyone is OK with my changes!

vario commented on 2017-07-31 20:25

I can't compile this package after updating my courier-authlib to 0.68.0:

rfc2047.c:379:30: error: unknown type name 'unicode_char'
static int encode_word(const unicode_char *uc,

Need to update to courier-mta-0.77.0

JesusMcCloud commented on 2016-04-17 11:08

My bad! Should be fixed now

markc commented on 2016-04-12 04:38

FWIW this is the first time I've built and tried to install courier-mta for years on a fresh AL install so maybe I need more dependencies and most likely need to rtfm some more...

libcouriertls.c:77:21: error: 'SSLv3_method' undeclared here (not in a function)
{ "SSL3", &SSLv3_method, SSL_OP_ALL },
Makefile:576: recipe for target 'libcouriertls.lo' failed

core/gnutls 3.4.10-1 [installed]
core/openssl 1.0.2.g-3 [installed]

JesusMcCloud commented on 2015-09-13 19:52

Thanks for the input. I don't use STARTTLS, but TLS directly. This setup does not cause any problems.

andrej commented on 2015-09-13 17:53

I certainly don't want/need SSL3 to work. However, the default build with OpenSSL doesn't let Thunderbird connect and it doesn't even let openssl s_client in. The reason is unknown to me, simply because Thunderbird has no problem with TLS 1.2 otherwise. Switching to --with-gnutls on the Courier side resolved the issue and both Thunderbird and s_client connect just fine.

FTR, one can do some debugging over encrypted IMAP like this:
openssl s_client -starttls imap -connect your.server.address:143

Once you have this^^^ connection, you can do a few debugging steps like IMAP login, inbox queries etc. This is how I diagnosed the problem. I first tried to drop the STARTTLS requirement, just to find out that a clear text login from localhost worked. (So it was not an authdaemon or IMAP server problem.) Next I made STARTTLS mandatory again and tried to connect with s_client. Surprisingly, s_client connections failed with the error message noted below (no matter if I specified TLS 1, 1_1, 1_2 or whatnot on the command line explicitly) when attempted against the OpenSSL-based Courier. Once I switched to --with-gnutls, OpenSSL's s_client had no issues at all. And it says TLS 1.2 in its connection logs. Thunderbird works again, too. Well, this is somewhat weird, but now that GnuTLS doesn't make Courier segfault any more, it seems that everything works fine for me.

JesusMcCloud commented on 2015-09-13 11:50

Thanks @andrej, for pointing out errors in the unit files; this is fixed now.

Just to be clear, everything works fine on my machine when built against OpenSSL.
Deprecated protocols (such as SSL3) not working, is a *good* thing, not a bug.

markc commented on 2015-09-13 11:12

@andrej I think SSL3 has been removed from the latest courier config files. I can't check atm but it may be possible to add it back to one of the TLS variables. It's also possible OpenSSL have deprecated or removed it too. FWIW.

All comments