Package Details: gnome-shell-extension-multi-monitors-add-on-git 20171018-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: gnome-shell-extension-multi-monitors-add-on-git
Description: Extension inspired by and rewritten from scratch for gnome-shell version 3.10.4. Adds panels and thumbnails for additional monitors. Settings changes are applied in dynamic fashion, no restart needed.
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL2
Groups: gnome-shell-extensions
Submitter: smcdougall
Maintainer: smcdougall
Last Packager: smcdougall
Votes: 11
Popularity: 0.551880
First Submitted: 2015-05-12 21:07
Last Updated: 2017-10-18 04:15

Required by (0)

Sources (0)

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

ftecedeiro commented on 2019-03-22 11:48

Hello, can you upgrade this extension to work on gnome shell 3.32? Thanks

Psykar commented on 2017-05-24 23:58

No worries, works now.

One more thing, is as a git package you don't actually need a build step, as makepkg knows how to clone stuff itself if you set the 'source' key to be the git url.

Then all you need is a pkgver function to specify the version, and a package function to do the install.

The extra nice thing about this is that people can use their AUR helper to do updates from the latest git HEAD without requiring you to bump the version number.

Check out
(And feel free to use one of my packages as an example: (although don't nessesarily trust that I'm doing things the best way)

smcdougall commented on 2017-05-24 14:29


Sorry about that. That's what I get for bumping the version number without actually testing the package.

I've taken your advice and updated the PKGBUILD to include all files (to the best of my ability).

I'm not very experienced with packaging, so let me know if this rewrite causes any issues for you.

Psykar commented on 2017-05-24 06:46

This is failing due to the mmcalendar.js file not being installed.

You could update your PKGBUILD to just install everything in the directory instead of manually naming each file, which would reduce the chance of errors when upstream updates.

despian commented on 2017-02-16 11:16


Thanks for the response. I did try removing and reinstalling the package and the issue persisted. Like you I suspect it's an issue with the plug-in itself.

Are you able to run the plugin? What version of gnome-shell are you running?

smcdougall commented on 2017-02-16 03:45


Sorry for the late response. I haven't booted into my Arch install in a few weeks, so I haven't had a chance to check this yet. This package is more or less just a dummy package that pulls straight from GitHub (I see you've opened an issue there as well).

This is likely an issue with the add-on itself and the Gnome update, not the packaging, since there haven't been any major changes in a while.

My only suggestion would be to try removing the AUR package, as well as any version that's installed from (in "~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions"), then try reinstalling the AUR package again.

I've had some schema issues before that I think I solved by removing and reinstalling like that. (It was only an issue that caused the extension to crash... it never crashed gnome-shell).

Other than that, I can't help much, I'm not a developer. Sorry. =(

Also, @spin83 on GitHub is usually a little slow to respond to issues, so hang in there. Also, he's a Fedora user, so it'd probably be helpful if you included information in your Issue like the exact Gnome version number (nevermind, I see you did that in the Issue title), and any thing else you think would be useful.

We can continue this conversation on GitHub if you think of any other way I could help.

despian commented on 2017-02-13 09:49

Since the latest version of gnome-shell this plugin is no longer working for me. It causes the gnome-session-binary to exit after gnome-shell attempts to load the plugin:

gnome-shell[20513]: Settings schema '' does not contain a key named 'show-date-time'
gnome-session-binary[20375]: Unrecoverable failure in required component org.gnome.Shell.desktop

Ben1982 commented on 2015-10-22 09:13

Seems to be working fine here... thanks :)

smcdougall commented on 2015-10-20 14:23

Sorry, after I fixed it, I screwed it up again. I tried to rev the version number by putting a "-1" at the end of the date. Apparently you can do that in the .SRCINFO but not in the PKGBUILD. After that I forgot that having them mismatched caused the update issues in the first place.

Should be fixed now. Thanks for bearing with me. I'll get the hang of this at some point...

Let me know if you have any other issues, thanks. =D

Ben1982 commented on 2015-10-20 06:44

Still getting it trying to update :)

aur/gnome-shell-extension-multi-monitors-add-on-git 20151019-1 -> 20151019-3-1