Package Details: insync 1.5.2-2

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: insync
Description: An unofficial Google Drive client that runs on Linux, with support for various desktops
Upstream URL:
Licenses: custom:insync
Submitter: xzy3186
Maintainer: thenaterhood
Last Packager: thenaterhood
Votes: 234
Popularity: 1.781503
First Submitted: 2012-09-07 17:45
Last Updated: 2018-10-02 02:53

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next › Last »

blackhole commented on 2018-10-06 13:05

This is right. I personally think that systemd service should start insync always in headless mode.

windmagi commented on 2018-10-06 13:01

I was having trouble getting the service to work on a headless box running insync.

The solution was to edit the service file to point to insync-headless instead of insync.

Ender commented on 2018-10-01 12:38

The proposed insync.service for systemd userspace has a definition. IMHO this should be removed because systemd in userspace does not have these targets (only systemd system has both of them).

yan12125 commented on 2018-09-18 05:04

Apparently insync switches to Qt5 in version 1.5.1 and the tray icon works without sni-qt now. You may want to remove that from optdepends.

thenaterhood commented on 2018-09-17 03:05

FYI: Insync appears to no longer be building i686 packages. I'm just the messenger here - if this affects you, contact Insync directly.

As Arch itself has dropped official support for i686, I'm dropping support here as well, unless Insync starts publishing i686 packages again. I'm not opposed to creating something like an insync-i686 AUR package as previous versions of Insync for i686 are still available for the time being, if that would benefit anyone.

thenaterhood commented on 2018-05-07 23:33

@ctingwai: thanks for the heads up! I'll take a look at that.

ctingwai commented on 2018-05-04 08:16

The libz error: ImportError: /usr/lib/insync/ version ZLIB_1.2.9 not found (required by /usr/lib/

can be workaround by symlinking to the one stored in /lib:

$ sudo mv /usr/lib/insync/ /usr/lib/insync/
$ sudo ln -s /lib /usr/lib/insync/

petsam commented on 2018-04-03 22:23

(Update: I renamed ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list and it started fine. I will try to find out why.) I had 1.4 installed 2 weeks ago, fine. Today I realize (after some updates) it 's not starting with errors about fontconfig (invalid attributes) and mimeapps.list (parsing). Manjaro Testing insync 1.4.5-1 fontconfig 2.13.0+10+g58f5285-1

insync start --no-daemon

Fontconfig warning: line 5: unknown element "its:rules" Fontconfig warning: line 6: unknown element "its:translateRule" Fontconfig error: line 6: invalid attribute 'translate' Fontconfig error: line 6: invalid attribute 'selector' Fontconfig error: line 7: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its' Fontconfig error: line 7: invalid attribute 'version' more similar here

which: no kreadconfig in (/usr/lib/insync:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/default/bin:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl:/var/lib/snapd/snap/bin) WARNING:root:While reading /home/USER/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list Traceback (most recent call last): File "isyncd/linux/", line 50, in __index_default_apps File "", line 305, in read File "", line 546, in _read ParsingError: File contains parsing errors: /home/USER/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list [line 2]: '=popcorntime.desktop;stremio.desktop;menulibre.desktop;planmaker-2018.desktop;audacity.desktop;evince-previewer.desktop;gtk3-widget-factory.desktop;krita_jpeg.desktop;gnome-color-panel.desktop;systemd-manager.desktop;gnome-privacy-panel.desktop;kodi.desktop;org.gnome.ChromeGnomeShell.desktop;org.kde.kdeconnect.kcm.desktop;libreoffice-calc.desktop;eog.desktop;libreoffice-writer.desktop;nautilus-classic.desktop;MSOffice.desktop;gnome-system-log.desktop;gitg.desktop;xfce-xfcalendar-settings.desktop;bvnc.desktop;wps-office-wpp.desktop;qdbusviewer.desktop; more similar here...

Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 6, in <module> File "", line 128, in <module> File "", line 116, in <module> File "isyncd/linux/headless/", line 49, in run File "</module>", line 88, in main File "isyncd/linux/", line 210, in use_this File "isyncd/linux/", line 108, in init File "isyncd/linux/", line 25, in init File "isyncd/linux/", line 55, in index_default_apps File "isyncd/linux/", line 85, in record_config_entries File "", line 655, in items File "", line 691, in _interpolate File "", line 700, in _interpolate_some AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'find'</module></module></string>

yan12125 commented on 2018-03-25 17:57

Thanks for the fix. Now insync builds and runs fine for me!

thenaterhood commented on 2018-03-25 16:04

!upx flag removed from options. For most, it shouldn't be anything noticeable, but seems to make the package size smaller.

I've also removed the symlinking for libfontconfig, which appears to solve the issue yan12125 reported with the newer fontconfig. insync ships its own version of the library so I don't think we should be forcing it onto the system version (likely sometime in the past there was a bug and the system version was patched would be my guess as to why it was there).

dhux: I haven't forgotten about you! I haven't been able to track down any info so I suggest posting in the insync forum for now, since I don't have an answer. I don't want to do it on your behalf because I don't want to end up relaying things back and forth, since they may want more info. I'll be happy to update the package if they provide you with a resolution.