Package Details: jabref-latest 20210717-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/jabref-latest.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: jabref-latest
Description: GUI frontend for BibTeX, written in Java; latest main (master) version from git
Upstream URL: https://www.jabref.org/
Keywords: biber biblatex bibliography bibtex jabref latex manager reference
Licenses: MIT
Conflicts: jabref
Provides: jabref
Submitter: j0hannes
Maintainer: j0hannes
Last Packager: j0hannes
Votes: 4
Popularity: 0.000074
First Submitted: 2019-04-29 00:07
Last Updated: 2021-07-18 21:53

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 Next › Last »

professed commented on 2021-01-22 01:40

j0hannes: Thank you for the tip-off! It was indeed a caching issue. I was using yay and selecting the cleanBuild option did the trick.

j0hannes commented on 2021-01-21 10:59

@professed: I just downloaded the snapshot, extracted it to an empty directory, changed into the package directory and ran 'makepkg -s'. This is how it looks for me: https://paste.laravel.io/9da49a71-b0ba-472a-9659-7e5ead053662

Are you sure that there is no caching involved? Are you using an AUR helper?

professed commented on 2021-01-21 10:36

@j0hannes: Sorry for the delayed response. I tried again today and the validity check for 'LICENSE.md' is still failing. Thanks for your help!

j0hannes commented on 2021-01-18 09:05

Hi professed, I actually updated this checksum four days ago when I took note that it didn't validate anymore. I just rebuilt the package from AUR. Could you please check if you please check again?

professed commented on 2021-01-18 01:58

Validity check fails for 'LICENSE.md'. Please advise/update the checksum in the PKGBUILD.

gjasso commented on 2020-06-16 08:53

Hi j0hannes,

The problem seems to be that the .desktop file is considered "broken" if /opt/JabRef/bin is not on your $PATH (in the sense that programs like wofi do not list it). I don't know why wofi ignores the Path variable (from the .desktop file).

j0hannes commented on 2020-06-08 23:23

Hi gjasso,

The binary extracted from the archive at https://builds.jabref.org/master/ uses camel case, so the .desktop file defines:

Exec=JabRef %U
Path=/opt/JabRef/bin

In addition to that, I generate the shell script /usr/bin/jabref which does exec /opt/JabRef/bin/JabRef $@. I can confirm that it's broken currently and that your fix works, but I don't know why - supposedly, JabRef should be called in /opt/JabRef/bin and not jabref in /usr/bin.

gjasso commented on 2020-06-08 07:13

The line Exec=JabRef U% in the desktop file /usr/share/applications/JabRef.desktop should be replaced by Exec=jabref %U, e.g. with

/usr/bin/sed -i 's/Exec=JabRef/Exec=jabref/' /usr/share/applications/JabRef.desktop

j0hannes commented on 2020-03-11 10:49

Hi cr1lle,

Thanks for the heads-up. The year in the license file has changed (Copyright © 2003-2019 > Copyright © 2003-2020). I've updated the checksum.

cr1lle commented on 2020-03-11 07:40

Hi,

Using pamac-manager, I get the following error

==> Validating source files with sha256sums...
    Jabref-20200129.tgz ... Skipped
    LICENSE.md ... FAILED
    jabref.sh ... Passed
    JabRef.desktop ... Passed
    JabRef.svg ... Passed
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!
Failed to build jabref-latest