Package Details: libuiohook 1.0.3-5

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/libuiohook.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: libuiohook
Description: A multi-platform C library to provide global input/ouput hooking from userland.
Upstream URL: https://github.com/kwhat/libuiohook
Licenses: GPL3
Submitter: tabbithakitten
Maintainer: j.taala
Last Packager: j.taala
Votes: 5
Popularity: 0.37
First Submitted: 2015-09-27 20:52
Last Updated: 2020-10-06 23:06

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

j.taala commented on 2020-10-07 21:42

Hey Alkaris, yes, this is caused by upstream changing (again) their archive files but keeping the same file name. You probably still have the older file in your aur-helper cache - which yay (or your aur helper) tries to reuse (and fails the sha check). If you use yay, you'll need to remove the yay cache before installing new version. Try:

rm -rf ~/.cache/yay/libuiohook
yay -S libuiohook

Alternatively (or if you're still having issues) you could not use an aur helper and just clone the repo:

git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/libuiohook.git
cd libuiohook
makepkg -sif

Alkaris commented on 2020-10-07 15:40

I'm having trouble getting this to install with an upgrade. It's getting Validity checksum error.

Building libuiohook...
==> Making package: libuiohook 1.0.3-5 (Thu 08 Oct 2020 02:08:42)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Found 1.0.3.zip
==> Validating source files with sha256sums...
    1.0.3.zip ... FAILED
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!
Failed to build libuiohook

j.taala commented on 2020-10-06 23:07

Apologies, upstream changed files again. Updated for new upstream files.

wackbyte commented on 2020-09-01 23:15

That worked, thanks!

j.taala commented on 2020-09-01 05:30

Thanks @jakbyte - I needed to remove the cached download in yay (e.g. rm -rf ~/.cache/yay/libuiohook) and then it downloaded the file again and validity check passed fine. I also checked manually the sha256 and is correct.

The new upstream file has changed (not just changed location) but is named the same. If yay (if you use yay) likely has the old file (with the same name) cached and will try that (and fail). To avoid that remove the cached yay dir or simply clone the repo and do a "makepkg -sif".

wackbyte commented on 2020-09-01 00:41

Source doesn't pass the validity check.

j.taala commented on 2020-08-31 22:32

Thanks @ecnerwal. I've updated the PKGBUILD with the new name and address (and updated file sha's etc).

Note you'll likely need to remove any cached file (if you use yay etc.) as the upstream file has changed but the name is the same... e.g. rm -rf ~/.cache/yay/libuiohook)

ecnerwal commented on 2020-08-31 03:46

This build recently broke because the GitHub repository got renamed from https://github.com/kwhat/libuiohook to https://github.com/kwhat/uiohook, so the file hash and directory all changed.

j.taala commented on 2020-08-16 23:07

Added deps (note I removed libx11 as it is already a dep of libxt, libxinerama - i.e. already satisfied). Tested and built in a clean chroot to make sure.

j.taala commented on 2020-08-16 22:39

Thanks mdaffin, will add these deps.