Package Details: netsurf-fb 3.11-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/netsurf-fb.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: netsurf-fb
Description: Lightweight and fast web browser (framebuffer front end)
Upstream URL: https://www.netsurf-browser.org/
Licenses: GPL2, MIT
Submitter: waschtl
Maintainer: hamblingreen
Last Packager: hamblingreen
Votes: 3
Popularity: 0.010709
First Submitted: 2019-09-17 19:47 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2024-01-25 21:54 (UTC)

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

KngTyrannosaurus commented on 2024-03-29 13:28 (UTC) (edited on 2024-03-29 13:32 (UTC) by KngTyrannosaurus)

Thanks for maintaining this! It's awesome.

Install for me was pretty good - although I did have to clone and build libnsfb separately as Pacman couldn't find it.

I have a (fairly) minimal Arch install, it's brand new as of yesterday and I've really only put two other things on it so far. Running

netsurf-fb

doesn't do much except make the terminal hang (and spool up the fans). Any ideas?

Trying

netsurf-fb -f sdl

doesn't work as 'sdl' isn't an option - only RAM (I'm assuming I've stuffed up my libnsfb install but I have no idea how).

The only command that produces something helpful is

netsurf-fb -f ram -b

Which gives

Unable to initialise framebuffer

Happy to run experiments etc - I'll update here as I keep poking at it. FWIW I'm trying to run this in Tmux, but bare TTY has the same issues as well.

hamblingreen commented on 2024-01-25 21:54 (UTC)

The upgrade to 3.11 is complete! Let me know if you run into any issues and I'll have them fixed right away

hamblingreen commented on 2023-12-30 07:07 (UTC)

I am aware of and am actively working on the upgrade to 3.11. Current roadblocks are awaiting updated releases of libhubbub, libnsutils, libcss, libnsbmp, and libnsgif. If you want to test the new version anyway, I recommend installing the -git versions of these packages in addition to the new libnsfb-git package I created. Beyond this, I'm actively working on other build errors (likely due to other out-of-date dependencies that I haven't yet tracked down), and will unpin this comment once a working package is pushed. Thank you for your patience! -hamblingreen

CocaCola commented on 2022-10-04 18:59 (UTC) (edited on 2022-10-04 19:44 (UTC) by CocaCola)

Build it with @novns advice (thank you!), but got this message when tryed to run:

Unable to open display Error initialising wayland connection Unable to initialise framebuffer

UPD solved myself, it works with netsurf-fb -f sdl

mctom commented on 2022-09-03 11:24 (UTC)

Hello! The advice from novns to the problem raised by mattf seems to work for me as well.

Linker still complains with some 300+ lines of errors, with "undefined reference to" all sorts of css-related objects. It seems that updating libcss from 0.9.1-4 to 0.9.1-6 solved the problem, as that old version had been erroneously built as static library rather than dynamic. I suggest adding a requirement that libcss is in version 0.9.1-6 or above. It is outdated in Manjaro repos, and will at least hint the fellow Manj users what was wrong.

It builds now but fails tests, but that might be a system specific problem.

hamblingreen commented on 2022-06-21 19:43 (UTC)

i've updated netsurf-fb to 3.10 and fixed all issues reported in the comments. if you have questions or concerns leave a comment or email me at hamblingreen at hotmail dot com. you're welcome for maintaining :)

dreieck commented on 2021-03-08 21:57 (UTC)

error: target not found: libnsutils=0.0.5-4

Thanks for maintaining!

Tetrapyle commented on 2020-12-28 22:05 (UTC)

Actually I couldn't install using this pkgbuild or the main one but I managed to build it from upstream using some valuable information from this thread: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=237689

Package gperf should also be added as a dependency.

Tetrapyle commented on 2020-07-20 10:32 (UTC) (edited on 2020-12-27 11:40 (UTC) by Tetrapyle)

libnsutils=0.0.5-4 prevents libnsutils from upgrading.

Update (2020-12-27). Also needs perl-html-parser as a dependency.

I have the same problem as mattf : multiple definition of fb_italic_section_table and so on.

Adding -fcommon to CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS didn't work. Also tried to add --allow-multiple-definition to LDFLAGS but this option isn't recognized.

Also tried it with the latest source by modifying the netsurf community package's PKGBUILD. It builds the GTK frontend but not the framebuffer one.

mattf commented on 2020-06-29 05:24 (UTC)

Thanks @novns it worked!