Package Details: perl-net-freedb 0.10-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: perl-net-freedb
Description: Net::FreeDB is an oo-based module to interface with FreeDB servers
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL, PerlArtistic
Submitter: Outopos
Maintainer: Outopos
Last Packager: Outopos
Votes: 2
Popularity: 0.001029
First Submitted: 2020-01-11 23:45 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2021-04-01 17:30 (UTC)

Latest Comments

dennisvanderpool commented on 2024-06-02 15:06 (UTC)

I already made a fix locally and it works. I will try to upload patch.

texer22 commented on 2024-06-02 08:18 (UTC) (edited on 2024-06-02 08:21 (UTC) by texer22)

Look like there is a patch. Can anyone fix this?

texer22 commented on 2024-05-31 18:13 (UTC) (edited on 2024-05-31 18:18 (UTC) by texer22)

Cannot compile. Artix OpenRC.

In file included from lib/discid.h:37,
                 from FreeDB.xs:8:
lib/linux.h: In function ‘get_disc_id’:
lib/linux.h:54:24: error: implicit declaration of function ‘read_toc’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
   54 |     data.num_of_trks = read_toc(dev);
      |                        ^~~~~~~~
make: *** [Makefile:339: FreeDB.o] Error 1
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
error: failed to build 'perl-net-freedb-0.10-1': 
error: packages failed to build: perl-net-freedb-0.10-1

Outopos commented on 2021-02-27 21:24 (UTC) (edited on 2021-04-01 17:31 (UTC) by Outopos)

It installs fine with Paru as well. It seems to keep on requesting "perl-cddb", which is broken right now, even if I removed it from the "dependencies" in PKGBUILD. EDIT : I just found the problem, I foolishly had not updated the .SRCINFO which kept tracks of the now obsolete perl-cddb dependency

Mr_Happy commented on 2020-10-26 08:36 (UTC)

@Outopost I seem to be having the same issue as @power_frontier installing through yay. Installing with yaourt works fine though.

power_frontier commented on 2020-08-24 22:19 (UTC) (edited on 2020-08-24 23:54 (UTC) by power_frontier)

@Outopost Thanks for your time investigating and fixing the issue :-) Just one thing, on the dependecy list of this webpage already appears the perl-cddb dependency and using pamac to build perl-net-fredb still crashes, but using yaourt to build it works fine

Outopos commented on 2020-08-24 22:03 (UTC)

@power_frontier after investigating even further, it turns out the perl-cddb file is not necessary, only perl-cddb-file is truly needed, and this one builds well.

Thus, I just deleted the dependency. Everything should build fine now.

Outopos commented on 2020-08-24 21:02 (UTC)

Thanks for the report, sadly this seems to be an upstream problem caused by the package no longer building on the latest perl version available (5.32.0 as of now) in the repos :;reports=1 and;os=linux;perl=5.32.0;reports=1 more specifically.

Right now we can either hope for the package to be fixed or a fork to be created.

There is the possibility to offer to downgrade the perl version in order to build it, but from a security standpoint, I'm not a big fan of this.

power_frontier commented on 2020-08-24 00:14 (UTC)

I have an error building the perl-cddb dependency. I checked that package but it seems is no longer maintained. I paste my error below:

Construyendo perl-cddb... ==> Creando el paquete: perl-cddb 1.222-1 (lun 24 ago 2020 02:11:35) ==> Comprobando dependencias mientras se ejecuta... ==> Comprobando dependencias mientras se compila... ==> Recibiendo las fuentes... -> CDDB-1.222.tar.gz ha sido encontrado ==> Validando los archivos source con md5sums... CDDB-1.222.tar.gz ... Aprobado ==> Validando los archivos source con sha512sums... CDDB-1.222.tar.gz ... Aprobado ==> Eliminando el directorio $srcdir/... ==> Extrayendo las fuentes... -> Extrayendo CDDB-1.222.tar.gz con bsdtar ==> Eliminando el directorio $pkgdir/... ==> Iniciando build()... Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Generating a Unix-style Makefile Writing Makefile for CDDB Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json cp lib/ blib/lib/ Manifying 1 pod document ==> Iniciando check()... PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 "/usr/bin/perl" "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-MTest::Harness" "-e" "undef Test::Harness::Switches; test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/.t

Testing with Perl 5.032000, /usr/bin/perl
Carp version is 1.50
Encode version is 3.06
ExtUtils::MakeMaker version is 7.44
HTTP::Request version is 6.25
IO::Socket version is 1.43
LWP version is 6.46
MIME::QuotedPrint version is 3.13
Mail::Header version is 2.21
Mail::Internet version is 2.21
Scalar::Util version is 1.55
Sys::Hostname version is 1.23
Test::More version is 1.302175
strict version is 1.11
vars version is 1.05
warnings version is 1.47

t/000-report-versions.t ... ok Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /var/tmp/pamac-build-frontier/perl-cddb/src/CDDB-1.222/blib/lib/ line 355.

Looks like your test exited with 22 just after 1.

t/01_cddb.t ............... Dubious, test returned 22 (wstat 5632, 0x1600) Failed 24/25 subtests t/release-pod-coverage.t .. skipped: these tests are for release candidate testing t/release-pod-syntax.t .... skipped: these tests are for release candidate testing

Test Summary Report

t/01_cddb.t (Wstat: 5632 Tests: 1 Failed: 0) Non-zero exit status: 22 Parse errors: Bad plan. You planned 25 tests but ran 1. Files=4, Tests=16, 0 wallclock secs ( 0.02 usr 0.00 sys + 0.36 cusr 0.03 csys = 0.41 CPU) Result: FAIL Failed 1/4 test programs. 0/16 subtests failed. make: *** [Makefile:873: test_dynamic] Error 255 ==> ERROR: Se produjo un fallo en check(). Cancelando...