Package Details: scrt 9.0.1-2

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: scrt
Description: Vandyke SecureCRT SSH Client
Upstream URL:
Keywords: sftp ssh
Licenses: custom
Submitter: raymii
Maintainer: caldog20
Last Packager: caldog20
Votes: 5
Popularity: 0.76
First Submitted: 2015-12-05 18:45
Last Updated: 2021-04-03 01:07

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next › Last »

GeBo commented on 2021-04-08 07:37

@ZEBofx: I can confirm that after installing pyenv (thanks for that!) and creating the symlink, I can execute Python scripts in SecureCRT 9.0.1.

I'll leave the environment as it is for now, as for me this is a workable workaround, atm.

Thanks again for your investigation and providing a workaround / temporary solution.

GeBo commented on 2021-04-07 19:46

@ZEBofx: Thank you so much for confirming and investigating further!

ZEBofx commented on 2021-04-06 07:59


What I have said, is wrong. I can make python work with scrt, but it works because pyenv build an independent environment, but if I delete it after copying the .so in scrt path, it does not work anymore. So I suspect that we need to build a full python installation in scrt, or play with LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Again, if anybody has an idea on how to build a packaged solution...

ZEBofx commented on 2021-04-05 10:54

OK. I am able to make it work by using pyenv (so that I do not break the system installed version of python). And then :
env PYTHON_CONFIGURE_OPTS="--enable-shared" pyenv install 3.8.7
sudo ln -s /home/XXXX/.pyenv/versions/3.8.7/lib/ /usr/lib/scrt/
But of course, this is not acceptable for a package... Being a newbie on creating arch package, I do not know how to solve this. Of course, we can probably copy the in this package but I think it won't be a very nice solution. (I can confirm this work, but if anybody knows how to safe copy this libpython file so that we can embed it in the package that should be nice)
Any help welcome, here :)

ZEBofx commented on 2021-04-05 10:04

@GeBo, hum right. Same problem here on manjaro, my python scripts are not working anymore : Unable to load the Python scripting engine.
What I see is is looking for So I have made a very dirty check :
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/ /usr/lib/scrt/
But now, I have a crash dump :
sys:1: RuntimeWarning: compiletime version 3.8 of module 'SecureCRT' does not match runtime version 3.9
I do not know how to fix this, for the moment.

GeBo commented on 2021-04-05 09:54

Question: am I the only one where the Python scripting is not working in version 9.x? With version 8 I have no problem at all, but with 9 I get an error message dialog: Unable to load the Python scripting engine.

I already emailed Van Dyke and they were very helpful, but could not provide a solution. They say they only support Python 3.8 (and Arch is on 3.9), but after downgrading to 3.8 I get the same error. And I use scripting extensively...

@caldog20: Thank you for taking the time to update this package in AUR!

chrisstm commented on 2021-04-03 12:52

thnx guys. worked ok.

ZEBofx commented on 2021-04-03 09:01


There are tabs in the depends section which might need to be removed. And there is an extra space before .so on line ${pkgdir}/usr/lib/scrt/libCommonUiQt .so

That should fix all remaining problems. Is there a way for me to post my own PKGBUILD (since I added some double quotes) so that @caldog20 does not need to copy paste the result ?

Best regards, and thank you @caldog20 for your time.


chrisstm commented on 2021-04-03 06:58

Well, i am a newbie. I removed the extra spaces in "Depends" section, and you guys fixed the previous error, Now i get:

Preparing... Cloning scrt build files... Checking scrt dependencies... Synchronizing package databases... Resolving dependencies... Checking inter-conflicts...

Building scrt... ==> Making package: scrt 9.0.1-2 (Σαβ 03 Απρ 2021 09:56:05 πμ EEST) ==> Checking runtime dependencies... ==> Checking buildtime dependencies... ==> Retrieving sources... -> Found scrt- ==> Validating source files with md5sums... scrt- ... Passed ==> Removing existing $srcdir/ directory... ==> Extracting sources... -> Extracting scrt- with bsdtar ==> Removing existing $pkgdir/ directory... ==> Entering fakeroot environment... ==> Starting package()... install: target '.so' is not a directory ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package(). Aborting...

caldog20 commented on 2021-04-03 01:08

The PKGBUILD has been updated and formatting for install lines fixed. Please comment on any other issues.

Thanks @ ZEBofx for the updated PKGBUILD