Package Details: subtitlecomposer 0.6.3-2

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/subtitlecomposer.git (read-only)
Package Base: subtitlecomposer
Description: A KDE subtitle editor
Upstream URL: https://github.com/maxrd2/subtitlecomposer
Keywords: composer editor kde subtitle
Licenses: GPL
Submitter: Martchus
Maintainer: Martchus (maxrd2)
Last Packager: Martchus
Votes: 10
Popularity: 3.783545
First Submitted: 2015-09-02 23:50
Last Updated: 2016-04-12 21:23

Latest Comments

notargets commented on 2016-04-13 15:47

Thank you for the advice! Removing PocketSphinx worked, indeed.

PocketSphinx was installed from the official repos of Manjaro Linux, which is currently outdated. I'll try with the AUR package next time.

Martchus commented on 2016-04-13 12:08

I just changed the pkgver in the last update (rebuilding is required because of ICU update).

You might try to build it without the PocketSphinx plug-in. If you need it, ensure you have the latest version installed.

notargets commented on 2016-04-13 12:01

When trying to update from 0.6.3-1 to 0.6.3-2, compilation fails towards the end. Here is the terminal output I get:

[ 97%] Building CXX object src/speechplugins/pocketsphinx/CMakeFiles/pocketsphinxasr.dir/pocketsphinxplugin.cpp.o
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-xxx/aur-subtitlecomposer/src/subtitlecomposer-0.6.3/src/speechplugins/pocketsphinx/pocketsphinxplugin.cpp: In member function ‘void SubtitleComposer::PocketSphinxPlugin::processUtterance()’:
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-xxx/aur-subtitlecomposer/src/subtitlecomposer-0.6.3/src/speechplugins/pocketsphinx/pocketsphinxplugin.cpp:95:42: error: too few arguments to function ‘ps_seg_t* ps_seg_iter(ps_decoder_t*, int32*)’
ps_seg_t *iter = ps_seg_iter(m_psDecoder);
^
In file included from /tmp/yaourt-tmp-xxx/aur-subtitlecomposer/src/subtitlecomposer-0.6.3/src/speechplugins/pocketsphinx/pocketsphinxplugin.cpp:25:0:
/usr/include/pocketsphinx/pocketsphinx.h:462:11: note: declared here
ps_seg_t *ps_seg_iter(ps_decoder_t *ps, int32 *out_best_score);
^
src/speechplugins/pocketsphinx/CMakeFiles/pocketsphinxasr.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target 'src/speechplugins/pocketsphinx/CMakeFiles/pocketsphinxasr.dir/pocketsphinxplugin.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/speechplugins/pocketsphinx/CMakeFiles/pocketsphinxasr.dir/pocketsphinxplugin.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2469: recipe for target 'src/speechplugins/pocketsphinx/CMakeFiles/pocketsphinxasr.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/speechplugins/pocketsphinx/CMakeFiles/pocketsphinxasr.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Martchus commented on 2016-02-07 21:09

It seems like dependencies for the backends MVP, Xine and gstreamer must be present at compile time. Hence I added these optional dependencies to the regular deps. Read the comment in the PKGBUILD file. I enabled Xine and gstreamer and disabled MVP by default.

Currently I wouldn't recommend to use the binary repository noted in the PKGBUILD file as the dependencies of this binary package doesn't match what really is required by the new version. (See the comment below for my own repository.)

EDIT: This is no longer valid since release 0.6.0. gstreamer is now always required. The other backends are now pluggable. Of course Xine/MPV must be present to build the plugins in the first place.

Martchus commented on 2015-11-07 22:43

I've just updated the package since the previous version didn't work when building for i686 architecture.

I hope this fixes your issue, but I can't say it exactly, because the error message you've provided misses the interesting part. But I guess before "compilation terminated." you've got:
"In file included from /usr/include/gstreamer-1.0/gst/gstbin.h:27:0,
from /usr/include/gstreamer-1.0/gst/gst.h:35,
from /build/subtitlecomposer/src/subtitlecomposer-0.5.7/src/services/gstreamer/gstreamerplayerbackend.h:33,
from /build/subtitlecomposer/src/subtitlecomposer-0.5.7/src/services/player.cpp:24:
/usr/include/gstreamer-1.0/gst/gstelement.h:55:27: fatal error: gst/gstconfig.h: No such file or directory"

I use a workaround to prevent this error and as I sayed it should now also work for i686.

By the way, here's a link to my binary repository: http://martchus.netai.net/page.php?name=programming
(The link in the PKGBUILD file is from the maintainer in the old AUR but I think he doesn't update the repository very frequently.)

dare023 commented on 2015-11-07 19:56

Update fails:
compilation terminated.
src/services/tests/CMakeFiles/services-wavewritertest.dir/build.make:374: recipe for target 'src/services/tests/CMakeFiles/services-wavewritertest.dir/__/player.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/services/tests/CMakeFiles/services-wavewritertest.dir/__/player.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1709: recipe for target 'src/services/tests/CMakeFiles/services-wavewritertest.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/services/tests/CMakeFiles/services-wavewritertest.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:138: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2