Package Details: typora 0.9.81-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/typora.git (read-only)
Package Base: typora
Description: Typora will give you a seamless experience as both a reader and a writer.
Upstream URL: https://typora.io/
Keywords: markdown
Licenses: custom:"Copyright (c) 2015 Abner Lee All Rights Reserved."
Submitter: duckbrain
Maintainer: duckbrain
Last Packager: duckbrain
Votes: 71
Popularity: 4.77
First Submitted: 2016-09-28 06:28
Last Updated: 2019-12-02 22:57

Dependencies (3)

Required by (0)

Sources (1)

Pinned Comments

duckbrain commented on 2019-10-13 00:51

If you get the error ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check! or curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404, it might be that upstream has changed/removed a released package. They have a habit of doing that from time to time. Leave me a comment and I'll update the sum (or version).

duckbrain commented on 2019-10-13 00:50

New: The PKGBUILD will build with system electron if you set env ELECTRON=electron while building. Please try this out and provide feedback.

Edit: Thanks NicoHood for the PKGBUILD contributions.

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next › Last »

NicoHood commented on 2019-07-30 22:01

I've updated my PKGBUILD again. It now used the archlinux electron. The package size got reduced by 160mb from ~200mb to ~39mb now.

NicoHood commented on 2019-07-29 16:12

I want to suggest a PKGBUILD change: https://gist.github.com/NicoHood/3a86fb28b6535789bbca3c330703d8dd

I've used the tarball instead of the debian package, because that is more neutral. The downside is, that it is not versioned, but maybe we can arrange better links with upstream in the future.

Also I've added the gtk3 and nss dependency and removed the not required gconf dependency. Correct me if I am wrong. I've also made sure license files etc are in the correct place.

Can you please tell me why you used the 2 chmods?

duckbrain commented on 2019-04-13 15:07

@alf That path gets updated with the latest version without warning. That would make it so every time there was an update, this AUR package would fail to build until the AUR package gets updated with the new checksum.

alf commented on 2019-04-11 09:32

why don't we use https://typora.io/linux/Typora-linux-x64.tar.gz instead of https://typora.io/linux/typora_0.9.68_amd64.deb?

here is my setup

PKGBUILD https://hastebin.com/werizitowo

asar.js.patch https://hastebin.com/biwefifejo

typora.sh https://hastebin.com/xebacucubu

typora.desktop https://hastebin.com/ucezayizip

JohnRobson commented on 2019-03-11 22:55

@duckbrain thank you very much! you are right, this is the latest version.

duckbrain commented on 2019-03-09 17:24

@JohnRobson 0.9.9.65? Where are you seeing that? It's already at 0.9.65? 0.9.9.65 doesn't make any sense. Also, you don't need to post a comment when you flag it as out of date. I get an email for each.

irgendwr commented on 2018-11-03 20:05

@duckbrain wow, that was really quick and solved it. Thanks!

duckbrain commented on 2018-11-03 19:55

@irgendwr Yeah, it's causing more problems than it solves. I reverted back to the binary release.

irgendwr commented on 2018-11-03 19:25

@duckbrain >I prefer having the electron dependency, unless it causes a problem.

Using the electron dependency is currently causing a problem since typora is bundled with and depends on electron 3.x while the electron dependency here is on 2.x. See https://github.com/typora/typora-issues/issues/1932 and https://github.com/typora/typora-issues/issues/1912

Can you at least temporarily use the bundled electron until 3.x is available to fix the issues?

rocka commented on 2018-10-03 13:51

Good to know that changes, but I found 2 new questions:

  1. app configuration path has been changed to ~/.config/Electron, not ~/.config/Typora, because electron did not start with a package.json file. We can use electron's app.setPath() to override it;

  2. the app version in 'Help -> About' displays version of electron, not Typora. We can also override it with the version name from package.json file.

Here was the changed typora.js:

#!/usr/bin/electron

const { join } = require('path');
const { app } = require('electron');
const APP_DIR = '/usr/share/typora/';
const conf = require(APP_DIR + 'package.json');

app.setName(conf.name);
app.setPath('userData', join(app.getPath('appData'), conf.name));
app.getVersion = () => conf.version;

process.argv.shift();
require(APP_DIR + conf.main);