Package Details: zerobrane-studio 1.70-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/zerobrane-studio.git (read-only)
Package Base: zerobrane-studio
Description: A lightweight Lua-based IDE for Lua
Upstream URL: http://studio.zerobrane.com/
Keywords: ide lua zerobrane
Licenses: MIT
Conflicts: zerobrane-studio-git
Provides: zerobrane-studio
Submitter: losinggeneration
Maintainer: Popolon
Last Packager: Popolon
Votes: 42
Popularity: 0.080588
First Submitted: 2012-10-16 15:00
Last Updated: 2017-11-17 09:48

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next › Last »

hollunder commented on 2018-10-30 07:46

I asked regarding our build issues and Paul provided a patch that should fix. Regardless, we should probably switch to his branch of wxLua. Both are linked in this email: https://www.freelists.org/post/zerobrane/Build-issues-on-Linux-which-wxLua-version-is-required,1

hollunder commented on 2018-10-22 08:58

I've had a look at the build script, which is build/build-linux.sh. It includes the URLs to all the libraries that are being used, among them the wxwidgets and wxlua forks. It is a custom shell script rather than any existing build system, but maybe it can be used for packaging? I think it should at least be possible to use it to figure out how to build and where to install things.

If someone needs a working 1.80 you can just run the zbstudio.sh as a workaround.

Popolon commented on 2018-10-12 17:10

The binary version of 1.70.1 I still have is available here with few other packages :

https://popolon.org/depots/Archlinux/

I also make a ArchlinuxARM version (for arm versions if needed) in :

https://popolon.org/depots/ArchlinuxARM/

I added all the files from the package wxlua-svn 252-3 I have on my system (x86-64), listed by pacman -Q --list wxlua-svn in this tarball (to untar in /, so you will be able to use it until this package is patched for changes, and to compile zerobrainstudio or use the package frop my ~repo :

https://popolon.org/depots/Archlinux/wxlua-svn-252-3.tar.xz

In the same directory, a modifed PKGBUILD for 1.80, the patch is replaced by a more generic sed :

https://popolon.org/depots/Archlinux/zerobrane-studio-1.80-1-any.PKGBUILD

The new version of zerobrane-studio (1.80) need a new version of wxlua, so upgrade of this package will depend on it.

 /usr/bin/lua5.2: src/editor/package.lua:466: wxLua: Unable to call an unknown method 'ReplaceTargetRaw' on a 'wxStyledTextCtrl' type.

Popolon commented on 2018-10-12 17:01

My version of wxlua-svn is 252-3, perhaps you can try to make the same version looking at past AUR git version, or ask to owner of package to correct it. Sorry, wxlua-svn is installed on my computer but I don't have the package anymore and if I try to compile it again it fail.

I will look at the upgrade of zerobrane-studio to version 1.80

hollunder commented on 2018-10-12 16:35

I tried to get it to work with a few obvious edit and the patch no longer applies. Unfortunately even after getting it to the point where it should work I ran into some wxlua issue.

Wxlua-svn doesn't work anymore either.

Doesn't the Author of Zerobrane Studio have his own branch of wxlua or something? I think we should ask him for support on getting this to work properly.

Popolon commented on 2017-11-17 09:39

migerh: Ok, thanks, didn't read it well :).

migerh commented on 2017-11-17 04:48

@popolon: Since I orphaned the package months ago, there currently is no maintainer. Just adopt it and fix it.

Popolon commented on 2017-11-16 20:50

nice, hollunder, your patch work !

I was able to contact the maintainer of wxlua-svn, I adopted it patched it, just need to do the same for this package now. At least I have zerobrane working now with your patch.

Thanks a lot !

hollunder commented on 2017-10-01 20:21

This PKGBUILD has the patch and workaround applied, hence it should work: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/3c5c611105b7784b0be07cec914ade81

hollunder commented on 2017-10-01 20:11

Workaround that prevents checking for the wxmodule.

Add this line before the cmake command:
sed -e '/check_lua_module(wx TRUE)/ s/^#*/#/' -i CMakeLists.txt

I've reported the segfault here: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/55830