Package Details: aurutils 10b-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/aurutils.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: aurutils
Description: helper tools for the arch user repository
Upstream URL: https://github.com/AladW/aurutils
Keywords:
Licenses: custom:ISC
Submitter: Alad
Maintainer: Alad (rafasc, cgirard, maximbaz)
Last Packager: Alad
Votes: 231
Popularity: 3.06
First Submitted: 2016-03-26 19:17 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2022-07-10 12:46 (UTC)

Pinned Comments

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 .. 13 Next › Last »

Alad commented on 2022-07-10 13:37 (UTC)

tcl/expect is no longer a dependency and can be removed. For other changes, see the aurutils 10 release announcement:

https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/releases/tag/10b

Alad commented on 2022-06-24 02:13 (UTC) (edited on 2022-07-10 12:45 (UTC) by Alad)

I've identified an issue when using aurutils.rebase (git-config option) with any aurutils version >=3.0.0. If this option is set for any package, then aur-fetch will use the same sync mode for all packages following it. This issue was introduced with https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/commit/f60bfb1c5154e36ccf391a28ae7a9ea516e920da

For example, if aurutils.rebase is set for foo, where ~/.cache/aurutils/sync/foo has a local commit applied on top of HEAD@{upstream}, then the sync mode will be "none" (i.e. no changes pulled in) and applied to any bar, baz... packages following foo.

tl;dr avoid aurutils.rebase with aurutils <=9.6, >=3.0. The issue is fixed in aurutils 10.

Alad commented on 2022-04-28 15:22 (UTC)

Fixed, thx

wioo commented on 2022-04-28 14:03 (UTC)

Some errors with 9.6-2

==> Starting prepare()... error: patch failed: makepkg/aurutils.changelog:17 error: makepkg/aurutils.changelog: patch does not apply ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in prepare().

Alad commented on 2022-04-05 13:33 (UTC) (edited on 2022-04-07 15:09 (UTC) by Alad)

aur build --results will be removed in the next release. If someone still uses this flag, please let me know.

edit: https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/issues/980

je-vv commented on 2022-03-10 17:35 (UTC)

@Alad, sorry I haven't logged in earlier... Yous should know by now, but even through all aurutils updates, up until v8, aur-sync, and I guess aur-depends, are working fine... I just got 8.1.1 Today...

Thanks a lot !

Alad commented on 2022-02-16 18:58 (UTC) (edited on 2022-02-16 19:00 (UTC) by Alad)

aur-depends and aur-sync are indeed the main candidates for testing. I broke both of them during development, but I luckily noticed...

I've updated the usage and man pages for search/query, thanks.

Note that you can easily test things locally by running export AUR_EXEC_PATH=<path to git clone of aurutils>/lib in a shell.

je-vv commented on 2022-02-16 18:04 (UTC) (edited on 2022-02-16 18:06 (UTC) by je-vv)

What in particular are you interested on testing @Alad? I'm using that tag you shared, and aur search keeps working. Although I never used aur search -a, I just tried it, and seems to work (I can't tel, since man doesn't show what it does, though it's shown as one of the options), and I have never used aur search -r either, but it shows a bunch of info concatenated, which seems to be json info joint together into a huge line. aur query -t info [-r | --any] are also working (withut the optional args highlited, or with one or the other but not both).

As my AUR packages seem up to date, since I got aurutils upgraded to 5.2-1, then I'm not grabbing any update from AUR yet, so can't tell if aur sync, or other aurutils functionality depending on query are working...

Alad commented on 2022-02-16 11:18 (UTC)

Pre-release available for testing: https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/releases/tag/6

Alad commented on 2022-02-15 22:42 (UTC) (edited on 2022-02-15 22:43 (UTC) by Alad)

The latest aurweb changes (and a particularly interesting bug report in https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/issues/918) prompted me to review and substantially rewrite the aur-query and aur-search code.

aur-search has been simplified substantially due to moving implementation details to aur-query. Latter gained POST requests, intersection and union of aurweb (json) responses, bug fixes for parallel curl, and better diagnostics of failed requests as well.

Because aur-query touches most aspects of aurutils, I'd like people to do some testing of the current master branch (aurutils-git on AUR, or from the github repository) and see if their workflows are still functional.