Package Details: docker-git 1:r33899.aea31ab242-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/docker-git.git (read-only)
Package Base: docker-git
Description: Pack, ship and run any application as a lightweight container.
Upstream URL: https://github.com/docker/docker
Keywords: cgroups container lxc
Licenses: Apache License Version 2.0
Conflicts: containerd, containerd-git, docker, runc, runc-git
Provides: docker
Replaces: containerd, containerd-git, docker, runc, runc-git
Submitter: ido
Maintainer: flaccid
Last Packager: flaccid
Votes: 42
Popularity: 0.187906
First Submitted: 2013-12-05 18:13
Last Updated: 2017-11-14 10:04

Required by (56)

Sources (7)

Latest Comments

flaccid commented on 2017-11-14 22:08

Yep it was in the commit, https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/commit/?h=docker-git&id=6b87b9bb5308345ec41f3487fdb2d07ad27fdafd.

mpadilla2 commented on 2017-11-14 21:03

@flaccid you're welcome. I pasted the wrong lines for second edit. Here's the correct one:

Changed this:
msg2 'dockerd binary'
dockerver="$(cat $srcdir/moby/VERSION)"
pushd "$srcdir/moby/bundles/dynbinary-daemon" >/dev/null
install -Dm755 "dockerd-$_dockerver" "$pkgdir/usr/bin/dockerd"
popd >/dev/null

To this:
msg2 'dockerd binary'
pushd "$srcdir/moby/bundles/dynbinary-daemon" >/dev/null
install -Dm755 "dockerd-dev" "$pkgdir/usr/bin/dockerd"
popd >/dev/null



flaccid commented on 2017-11-14 10:06

@mpadilla2 thanks for that. I've just pushed a commit to fix (they removed moby/VERSION upstream in favour of go autogen) which in this case is a chicken & egg situation so we can't use it.

mpadilla2 commented on 2017-11-14 02:01

Could not get this to compile until I made the following changes. Without the changes it would throw errors.

Changed this:
pkgver() {
pushd "$srcdir/moby" > /dev/null
_dockerver="$(cat VERSION)"
printf "%s.%s.%s" "${_dockerver//-/.}" "$(git rev-list --count HEAD)" "$(git rev-parse --short HEAD)"
popd > /dev/null
}

To this:
pkgver() {
cd "$srcdir/moby"
( set -o pipefail
git describe --long 2>/dev/null | sed 's/\([^-]*-g\)/r\1/;s/-/./g' ||
printf "r%s.%s" "$(git rev-list --count HEAD)" "$(git rev-parse --short HEAD)"
)
}


Then changed this:
_dockerver="$(cat $srcdir/moby/VERSION)"

To this:
_dockerver="$pkgver"

flaccid commented on 2017-10-12 11:18

Ok guys, this is fixed now.

mnciitbhu commented on 2017-10-02 09:10

==> Starting prepare()...
fatal: reference is not a tree: 0351df1c5a66838d0c392b4ac4cf9450de844e2d
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in prepare().
Aborting...
Any fix?

Edit:

I applied this patch in PKGBUILD:
- 'runc::git+https://github.com/docker/runc.git'
+ 'runc::git+https://github.com/opencontainers/runc.git'

Now I am getting this error:

==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting package()...
==> runc binary
==> runc manpages
~/docker-git/src
==> containerd binaries
~/docker-git/src
==> docker-proxy binary
install: cannot stat 'bundles/17.06.0-dev/dynbinary-daemon/dockerd-17.06.0-dev': No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
Aborting...

a36233 commented on 2017-09-13 12:08

==> Starting prepare()...
fatal: reference is not a tree: 1c81e2a794c6e26a4c650142ae8893c47f619764
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in prepare().

WeenieHut commented on 2017-08-12 07:33

Perhaps they were leftover files from the community package. The Network systemd file had to be created however for docker to work on my system.

flaccid commented on 2017-08-10 04:27

@WeenieHut none of those files are in the package, only:

docker-git /usr/lib/systemd/
docker-git /usr/lib/systemd/system/
docker-git /usr/lib/systemd/system/docker.service
docker-git /usr/lib/systemd/system/docker.socket

WeenieHut commented on 2017-08-10 01:41

So I was having tons of problems. First was logging into the registry. I was getting EOF errors. I discovered that my router couldn't handle DNS hostname forwarding correctly. The systemd entry /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/http-proxy.cont was causing errors. By removing the 192.168.1.1 line fixed those errors.

Then I had the error of not being able to access my virtualized devices as their IP addresses weren't being correctly forwarded across the interfaces. That was fixed by `sudo vim /etc/systemd/network/docker0.network` and adding the line

[Network]
IPForward=kernel


Alls good now. What a fucking headache.

All comments