Package Details: emulationstation-git 819.76c1538-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/emulationstation-git.git (read-only)
Package Base: emulationstation-git
Description: A graphical front-end for emulators with controller navigation. Developed for the Raspbery Pi, but runs on most Linux systems.
Upstream URL: https://github.com/Herdinger/EmulationStation
Licenses: MIT
Provides: emulationstation
Submitter: drewbs
Maintainer: shaggytwodope
Last Packager: shaggytwodope
Votes: 21
Popularity: 0.572795
First Submitted: 2013-06-03 15:54
Last Updated: 2016-06-13 03:14

Latest Comments

frzburn commented on 2016-08-06 03:24

From what I see, config files are put into ~/.config/emulationstation

So all I did is:
$ cd
$ ln -s .config/emulationstation .emulationstation

done.

michael4 commented on 2016-07-01 15:30

Same here, isnt creating a config file on first start and complains about it.

parkerlreed commented on 2016-06-21 19:20

Same here. Maybe file a bug?

Enverex commented on 2016-06-14 17:43

Does this actually work for anyone? Running it (without an existing config folder) just complains that it can't load the config (which obviously doesn't exist yet as I've not run the program) and it exits.

Is it broken currently?

shaggytwodope commented on 2016-06-13 03:15

@Enverex sorry about that, I've updated the url.

Enverex commented on 2016-06-12 22:13

I agree with OJaksch, probably time to move over to Herdingers' fork. Aloshi's doesn't even compile for me anymore.

EDIT: My mistake, you have, but the "url" field hasn't been updated.

OJaksch commented on 2016-04-17 09:38

Due to long inactivity at Aloshis Emulationstation it might have some need at some time to switch over to Herdingers fork: <https://github.com/Herdinger/EmulationStation>.

Azelphur commented on 2016-04-08 19:46

I had emulationstation segfault on startup if you have a config file. (Although nobody else running Arch could seem to reproduce this)

I found a workaround by downloading the Windows zip for EmulationStation, and dropping the themes folder in ~/.emulationstation. This caused it to work fine.

squalou commented on 2016-01-06 21:13

Additional note for whoever might read this : a warning at the beginning, but loosely related only

-- Boost version: 1.60.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
-- system
-- filesystem
-- date_time
-- locale
-- Configuring done
CMake Warning at es-app/CMakeLists.txt:102 (add_executable):
Cannot generate a safe linker search path for target emulationstation
because files in some directories may conflict with libraries in implicit
directories:

link library [libGLESv1_CM.so] in /usr/lib may be hidden by files in:
/opt/vc/lib

Some of these libraries may not be found correctly.

squalou commented on 2016-01-06 21:01

this could be related : missing the instruction to effectively link against libboost_locale lib, but ... no idea where to fix it within cmake

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21750547/undefined-reference-to-boostlocaleconvbetween

All comments