Package Details: i3blocks-git 1.4.r62.ga44b67f-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: i3blocks-git
Description: Define blocks for your i3bar status line
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL3
Conflicts: i3blocks
Provides: i3blocks
Submitter: Runiq
Maintainer: Foxboron
Last Packager: Foxboron
Votes: 15
Popularity: 0.729672
First Submitted: 2014-06-02 19:10
Last Updated: 2018-09-11 15:39

Dependencies (9)

Required by (0)

Sources (1)

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

enckse commented on 2018-10-07 19:44

FYI: when I built this today (though I ended up not using i3blocks at all), it put the executable in /usr/local/bin/ and didn't seem to place any of the library of blocks anywhere.

happyrogue commented on 2018-03-12 19:01

ruby-ronn should be dropped as a dependency; it was replaced with pandoc a while back. See:

Foxboron commented on 2016-07-31 13:19

Thank you for the heads up! Updating the package

alexlu commented on 2016-07-31 12:39

colors.patch is not needed since it got merged.

Foxboron commented on 2016-05-30 14:50

Added bc and lm_sensors from the i3blocks package!

dshoreman commented on 2016-05-30 14:44

I feel like `bc` should be listed in optdepends (for the default bandwidth script). It's there in the main i3blocks package, but not this one.

Without it the script will still run, but values above the KB range will only display "M" instead of "3.2M".

stef204 commented on 2016-05-15 16:09

As I mentioned before, I think you had it just right, before the last revert.
The dir path change is really only due to the previous packager whom had used /usr/libexec/i3blocks/ "erroneously".
And the warnings included in our comments here are probably enough.
I think undoing the last revert + color patch are the key issues.

Foxboron commented on 2016-05-15 15:45

I'll take a look at the patch and tripple check the PKGBUILD before doing something more.
Ill also add a notice about the dir change!

stef204 commented on 2016-05-15 13:52


No worries, it's on me.
According to you did the right thing by switching to /usr/lib/i3blocks/ as opposed to /usr/libexec/i3blocks/.
So go back to what you had before you reverted just now.
I think the unexpected effect that it would remove the scripts in /usr/libexec/i3blocks/ is more due to pacman/makepkg as there is nothing in your script that removes the scripts in /usr/libexec/i3blocks/.
I've adjusted my i3blocks.conf to point to /usr/lib/i3blocks/ and did whatever edits I could remember as a quick fix.
Again, my bad as I didn't back up my scripts (some which are in ~/bin were not affected, obviously.)
I think a warning that the scripts directory would change might have helped but really it's on me.
Anyway, just try to address the color issue/patch, if you are so inclined. Thanks.

Foxboron commented on 2016-05-15 13:35

Reverted it all and looking into it. So sorry for the trouble!