Package Details: lastpass

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: lastpass
Description: The Universal LastPass installer for Firefox, Chrome, and Opera
Upstream URL:
Licenses: custom
Submitter: Det
Maintainer: eschwartz
Last Packager: eschwartz
Votes: 88
Popularity: 0.454745
First Submitted: 2013-06-02 17:50
Last Updated: 2018-12-16 07:30

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next › Last »

coolpyrofreak commented on 2018-12-15 04:22

Looks like a new version was released on Dec. 13. Current version for Firefox is Chrome is at 4.21.0.

erikdubois commented on 2018-12-10 09:43

Can this url set things back on track? It will install version in firefox. Seems to be the last... I rather have a working PKGBUILD of an old version than nothing at all.

eschwartz commented on 2018-12-05 16:57


That is /usr/lib/lastpass/nplastpass which is activated by /usr/lib/mozilla/native-messaging-hosts/com.lastpass.nplastpass.json I install both, and the specified functionality works fine on my computer.


Okay... Apparently version is simply gone from the Firefox addons site, but I have no clue why. I could revert the last commit, but I'd also need to add an epoch. I do have this file cached locally...

delusional commented on 2018-12-05 16:06 is 404

SMOG commented on 2018-11-27 13:14 and are actually needed also for Firefox. Without them, the ability of copying passwords to clipboard is not working on Firefox. It's not your fault of course because it's LastPass devs who are not providing those files as they should, but I just wanted to let you know.

more info about this problem can be found here:

eschwartz commented on 2018-09-02 02:50

Hmm, they just removed their own hosted copy in favor of downloading one from the Chrome webstore. Problem is, the only thing that crx is needed for, is the opera plugin, which is not contained in the chrome webstore version of the crx... which is logical because why was it ever there in the one hosted on

I'll note their linux download instructions and is therefore incorrect and not working.

I'm not really sure what the story is supposed to be here. But I don't use opera. So, I guess I will drop this, and use the new lplinux.tar.bz2 location for the chrome/firefox native messaging binary. Either that or someone who uses Opera can discuss with Lastpass support/tell me how to re-enable it.

Patricol commented on 2018-09-01 18:20 is a 404 for me.

eschwartz commented on 2018-07-13 15:34

Yeah, I don't usually see extensions pulled like that. :/

Updated again.

I've been moving things to nvchecker so I should see updates faster anyway.

becatlibra commented on 2018-07-13 12:51

Currently getting a 404. It appears that 4.15.07 is no longer available

zman0900 commented on 2017-12-19 04:45

Binary component doesn't appear to be working with firefox. I tried deleting ~/.mozilla/firefox/<profile>/extensions/ just to be sure I am using the package provided extension, but the options to copy username or password are still missing. </profile>

In a windows VM using the same versions of firefox and the lastpass extension, installed with the lastpass provided universal installer, the copy options are there, so it seems like this should be working.