Package Details: ungoogled-chromium-xdg-bin 108.0.5359.124-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/ungoogled-chromium-xdg-bin.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: ungoogled-chromium-xdg-bin
Description: A lightweight approach to removing Google web service dependency - without creating a useless ~/.pki directory (binary version)
Upstream URL: https://github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
Licenses: BSD
Conflicts: chromium
Provides: chromium
Submitter: noahvogt
Maintainer: noahvogt
Last Packager: noahvogt
Votes: 8
Popularity: 0.77
First Submitted: 2022-03-30 23:45 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2022-12-20 16:30 (UTC)

Dependencies (42)

Required by (110)

Sources (2)

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

subuwm commented on 2022-11-11 13:16 (UTC)

In normal use I've recently started getting SIGILL error codes for tabs. Apparetnly it means an illegal CPU instruction. It doesn't make a practical difference as reloading the page always works and it doesn't happen constantly (3-4 a day) but it is a bit worrysome. I don't know where to report this so I'll just post it here. Anyone else had this or just me? Any ideas what could possibly be causing this?

noahvogt commented on 2022-10-26 10:44 (UTC) (edited on 2022-10-26 10:44 (UTC) by noahvogt)

@aetherherne Thank you for mentioning this. I have now fixed this with commit #148d5c00963a

For anyone interested, the reason this happend was that when running makepkg with usual flags (either directly or through a aur helper program), it will skip the download of the new file if a file with the same name is already present, which is what happened here. To fix this, I changed to file path in the PKGBUILD to always include the $pkgrel variable so this won't happen again. I usually test my packages before bumping new versions, but it happens that I often clear my aur helper cache, so unfortunately this issue has gone under the radar until now.

@subuwm you're welcome :)

aetherherne commented on 2022-10-26 08:21 (UTC)

I'm getting a failed validity check on ungoogled-chromium-xdg-bin-106.0.5249.119.tar.gz

subuwm commented on 2022-10-23 22:32 (UTC)

@noahvogt Works fine now. Thanks for maintaining this package.

noahvogt commented on 2022-10-22 22:21 (UTC)

@subuwm I see. Currently rebuilding the browser, should be up in roughly 8 hours from now.

subuwm commented on 2022-10-22 20:14 (UTC)

@noahvogt Yeah I tried that but it results in a symbol error: /usr/lib/chromium/chromium: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/chromium/chromium: undefined symbol: _ZN6icu_718TimeZone13createDefaultEv

noahvogt commented on 2022-10-22 19:58 (UTC) (edited on 2022-10-22 20:02 (UTC) by noahvogt)

@subuwm Yes. The box I use to compile my aur packages is running artix, which has not yet updated icu in their repo as the build bot needs still some time to rebuild all packages that depend on icu I guess. I will rebuild this package as soon as the icu rebuilds hit the artix repos.

Until then you should be able to symlink the newer paths to the older paths (using root) as a temporary workaround:

ln -s /usr/lib/libicui18n.so.72 /usr/lib/libicui18n.so.71
ln -s /usr/lib/libicuuc.so.72 /usr/lib/libicuuc.so.71

Porous3247 commented on 2022-09-09 17:46 (UTC)

@noahvogt It works now, thanks!