Package Details: mnemosyne 2.5-5

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/mnemosyne.git (read-only)
Package Base: mnemosyne
Description: A flash-card tool with a sophisticated card review algorithm
Upstream URL: http://www.mnemosyne-proj.org
Keywords: Anki flashcard learn memorize
Licenses: GPL
Conflicts: mnemosyne-bzr
Submitter: wide-eyed
Maintainer: smls
Last Packager: smls
Votes: 79
Popularity: 0.951314
First Submitted: 2007-11-04 20:08
Last Updated: 2017-08-09 21:30

Latest Comments

smls commented on 2017-08-09 21:34

@marmistrz: An oversight. I added it now. Thanks!

marmistrz commented on 2017-08-08 16:30

Why is --optimize=1 not passed to setup.py?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Python_package_guidelines#distutils

Kanjelman commented on 2017-07-14 18:25

@smls
I can also confirm that the font-changing crash no longer happens with the latest version. Many thanks for your help and the hard work you do in maintaining this package. Cheers!

smls commented on 2017-07-14 14:22

@Kanjelman:
With the new Mnemosyne version (2.5), the font-changing crash no longer happens for me. Just re-install the package to get that version.

@marmistrz:
I switched to sha256 now for this package.
But I'm wondering, if this is best practice, why does `makepkg -g` still generate an md5sum by default?

marmistrz commented on 2017-07-14 12:26

Btw. it may be a good idea to move on to sha256/512sums. md5 collisions are so easy nowadays.

smls commented on 2017-07-03 15:25

@Kanjelman

I can confirm that error. Will investigate.

Kanjelman commented on 2017-07-01 21:26

@smls

This is my first time installing Mnemosyne. Here are my observations when looking for the three locations you describe

~/.local/share/mnemosyne
-there are two folders, 'Mnemosyne' and 'mnemosyne'
-Mnemosyne contains
QtWebEngine (folder)
-mnemosyne contains:
backups (folder)
default.db_media (folder)
history (folder)
plugins (folder)
default.db (SQLite3 database)
default.db-journal (unknown)

~/.config/mnemosyne/
-there is one folder, 'mnemosyne' which contains
_pycache_ (folder)
config.db (SQLite3 database)
config.py (Python script)
machine.id (plain text document)

~/.Mnemosyne/
-could not be found

I went ahead and deleted the mnemosyne folders in the two locations (backing up first). Afterwards, I tried to launch mnemosyne from the launcher icon, and now it loads! I was also able to successfully import my .cards file from backup.

Unfortunately, a new problem occurs when I try to change the font style or size:
An unexpected error has occurred.
Please forward the following info to the developers:

Traceback (innermost last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mnemosyne/pyqt_ui/configuration_dlg.py", line 54, in accept
self.tab_widget.widget(index).apply()
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mnemosyne/pyqt_ui/configuration_wdgt_card_appearance.py", line 206, in apply
update(card_type)
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mnemosyne/libmnemosyne/renderers/html_css.py", line 94, in update
self.card_type_css(card_type, **render_args)
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mnemosyne/libmnemosyne/renderers/html_css.py", line 71, in card_type_css
family,size,x,x,w,i,u,s,x,x = font_string.split(",")
ValueError: too many values to unpack (expected 10)

However, if this is the only problem...I can live with it for now. Many thanks for your time and help.

smls commented on 2017-06-30 20:44

@Kanjelman

I'm not getting that error on Arch Linux / KDE.

However, the Mnemosyne mailing list seems to have a report of the same error by a Linux Mint user a few months ago: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mnemosyne-proj-users/OEI50SSlzf4
Apparently it was solved by "making sure leftovers from a previous partial install were deleted", though no details are given.

Did you have an existing ~/.local/share/mnemosyne/ or ~/.config/mnemosyne/ or ~/.Mnemosyne/, and if so, does removing those folders fix the problem? (Be sure to make backup first of course.)

Kanjelman commented on 2017-06-30 02:06

Hello, I just installed Mnemosyne 2.4.1 via AUR in Manjaro Linux xfce. Upon launching the program, the following error occurred. Any assistance is appreciated.

An unexpected error has occurred.
Please forward the following info to the developers:

Traceback (innermost last):
File "/usr/bin/mnemosyne", line 247, in <module>
debug_file=options.debug_file)
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mnemosyne/libmnemosyne/__init__.py", line 226, in initialise
raise e
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mnemosyne/libmnemosyne/__init__.py", line 217, in initialise
self.log().started_program()
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mnemosyne/libmnemosyne/loggers/database_logger.py", line 26, in started_program
self.database().log_started_program(self.timestamp, version_string)
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mnemosyne/libmnemosyne/databases/SQLite_logging.py", line 30, in log_started_program
self.con.execute(\
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mnemosyne/libmnemosyne/databases/SQLite.py", line 256, in con
self._connection = _Sqlite3(self.component_manager, self._path)
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mnemosyne/libmnemosyne/databases/_sqlite3.py", line 53, in __init__
self.connection = sqlite3.connect(path)
TypeError: argument 1 must be str, not None

smls commented on 2017-04-28 09:50

@jsh6789: I've added it to optdepends for now, since not every Mnemosyne installation needs to support starting a sync server.

All comments