Package Details: prey-node-client 1.7.4-2

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: prey-node-client
Description: Remote tracking and monitoring application for laptops, smartphones, and other electronic devices
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL3
Replaces: prey-tracker
Submitter: lutoma
Maintainer: xpt
Last Packager: xpt
Votes: 29
Popularity: 0.456945
First Submitted: 2014-12-02 03:20
Last Updated: 2018-05-08 15:09

Latest Comments

jhartz commented on 2018-02-17 19:05

It seems like the main issue is that, when "/opt/prey-node-client/bin/prey" is accessed via the symlink "/usr/bin/prey_project", it doesn't realize that it should be looking for node deps in "/opt/prey-node-client".

To fix: remove the "/usr/bin/prey_project" symlink and replace it with a new file:

exec /opt/prey-node-client/bin/prey "$@"

I'd also recommend that the PKGBUILD be updated to do this instead of make "/usr/bin/prey_project" a symlink.

70isthenew55 commented on 2017-08-07 10:49

Here are the current state of things, it's not very elegant but it works...sort of.
First navigate to /opt/prey-node-client and delete the node_modules dir.
then in the same dir run npm install to rebuild the node_modules tree, if running prey_project config <whatever whatever> brings up an error pertaining to <some package> just run sudo npm i <name-of-package-it's-squawking-about> (DO NOT USE THE -g OPTION! or else you'll still receive the error). You should stay in the /opt/prey-node-client/ dir during this entire process. Running prey_project with any of it's child commmands should now work. I have yet to get the configuration GUI to work however.

70isthenew55 commented on 2017-08-06 07:23

Even with version 1.6.9 I receive the following error when trying to launch the gui or the plugins config..

Error: Cannot find module '/opt/prey-node-client/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/binding/node-v57-linux-x64/node_sqlite3.node'
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:485:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:437:25)
at Module.require (module.js:513:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at Object.<anonymous> (/opt/prey-node-client/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/sqlite3.js:4:15)
at Module._compile (module.js:569:30)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:580:10)
at Module.load (module.js:503:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:466:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:458:3)

I have enabled the python fix and had to setup the account according to Angel_Caido's instructions, and as I have no coding background I'm not sure how to implement arielfre's solution either, any help would be greatly appreciated.

jorgicio commented on 2017-06-14 03:23

This package is quite outdated; the 1.6.8 version was released some time ago.

arielfre commented on 2017-05-30 23:05

I find error running 'prey_project config gui'; the solution was edit /usr/bin/prey_project and change the "$node" to the internal node binary shipped in prey (/opt/prey-node-client/bin/node).

n1ch0la5 commented on 2017-04-24 21:05

nodejs update dated 2017-04-24 appears to break prey-node-client.

jhartz commented on 2016-12-15 01:59

After upgrading nodejs to 7.0, I had to change /opt/prey-node-client/bin/prey so that it explicitly uses /opt/prey-node-client/bin/node (the version of node that ships with prey) instead of the system nodejs. (It was already doing this when run from /opt/prey-node-client/bin/prey directly, but not when using the /usr/bin/prey_project symlink.)

Angel_Caido commented on 2016-11-08 04:16

FYI: The package nodejs reached version 7.0. After I upgraded it, prey-node-client started crashing on my system. I downgraded to version 6.9 and prey is spreading its wings again. Be careful when updating/upgrading.

xpt commented on 2016-10-26 17:38

Hi everyone!

So, I edited PKGBUILD;

1. I commented the line "rm bin/node"
2. Added npm as dependency

cjmzy commented on 2016-10-24 13:28

Thank you, Angel, that worked well!

All comments