Package Details: qtalarm 4700238.2.1.1-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/qtalarm.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: qtalarm
Description: Cross-platform Alarm Clock written with QT5
Upstream URL: https://random-hackery.net/page/qtalarm/
Licenses: GPL3
Submitter: CountMurphy
Maintainer: CountMurphy
Last Packager: CountMurphy
Votes: 14
Popularity: 0.25
First Submitted: 2012-10-14 23:04
Last Updated: 2020-11-30 17:45

Pinned Comments

CountMurphy commented on 2020-11-03 16:30

@mosgerila. This is odd. I'm getting the same error, though the keys do exist on the MIT keyserver. I'll work on figuring out whats wrong, but in the mean time you can import the key manually yourself. You can find a copy at https://random-hackery.net/data/gpg.asc

EDIT: Ok, I got it working. According to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GnuPG#Use_a_keyserver (the tip section),

hkp-cacert /usr/share/gnupg/sks-keyservers.netCA.pem

must be added to your ~/.gnupg/dirmngr.conf file, and then kill the old dirmngr process. After that gpg --recv-keys E41FF9C889B141CC works.

Why the hell arch doesn't have this config by default I don't know. But I can confirm this fixed it for me.

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next › Last »

tobias.bln commented on 2017-10-11 18:44

When I wanted to set an alarm time and confirmed with return, the program crashed with Segmentation fault (core dumped).

CountMurphy commented on 2017-10-11 18:26

The calendar bug I am familiar with (crashed when clicking on the calendar when there is no alarm selected). That one popped up with the 2.0 release, was going to patch it, and then forgot about it. The setting time one is new to me. Will look into it. In the mean time at least you have something that runs (mostly) until I get the official fix out this week. Thanks for your help in debugging.

tobias.bln commented on 2017-10-11 18:17

Hello CountMurphy, qtalarm still started. Unfortunately, it crashes occasionally. Times it was a click in the calendar, times it was when setting the alarm time. Segmentation fault (core dumped). And sometimes it worked fine.

CountMurphy commented on 2017-10-10 02:59

tobias.bln, I think I have a fix ready. Would you be willing to run an experimental branch to test it? https://github.com/CountMurphy/QTalarm/tree/gnome

If not, no problem. I'll spend a few days testing it further myself before releasing it.

CountMurphy commented on 2017-10-09 17:55

Thanks for the information. I'll try to have this patched within a few days. I've also created a bug in github for the project (https://github.com/CountMurphy/QTalarm/issues/5). If I come across more information I'll post it there.

tobias.bln commented on 2017-10-09 16:50

Hello CountMurphy, I use gnome (with wayland) as desktop environment. The version you posted also says: "Unsupported Desktop Environment. Exiting". Recently, qtalarm still worked and I used it.

CountMurphy commented on 2017-10-09 12:32

tobias.bln, what Desktop environment are you using? That message should only pop up if the DE in question doesn't have a system tray. And just to clarify, if you use this build https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/commit/?h=qtalarm&id=99b50844e969b46b8048505034fe6a04daefee88 it does work?

tobias.bln commented on 2017-10-09 06:20

After the start of qtalarm over the command line I get the error message:

"Unsupported Desktop Environment. Exiting"

QT and the QT libraries are installed and up-to-date.

==> qtalarm dependencies:
- qt5-base (already installed)
- qt5-multimedia (already installed)
- gst-plugins-base (already installed)
- gst-plugins-good (already installed)
- make (already installed) [makedepend]
- gcc (already installed) [makedepend]

This occurs since the last update.

CountMurphy commented on 2017-05-16 16:36

That is odd. I've had pacaur fail on me for other packages in the past that build fine on their own. Just tried installing with pacaur and couldn't reproduce. Glad you got it working!

martynjy commented on 2017-05-16 16:27

@CountMurphy
Strange. I tried twice using 'pacaur 4.7.8-1' and got the error. Gave up and installed manually with no problem!