Package Details: unifi 5.7.23-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: unifi
Description: Centralized management system for Ubiquiti UniFi AP
Upstream URL:
Licenses: custom
Conflicts: tomcat-native
Submitter: seblu
Maintainer: frederik
Last Packager: frederik
Votes: 24
Popularity: 3.143792
First Submitted: 2017-08-22 01:31
Last Updated: 2018-04-17 11:09

Latest Comments

afontenot commented on 2018-04-20 08:56

Fixed it (see my problem below). After a lot of debugging, it turns out that if you request a HTTPS connection on an HTTP port, most servers will send you a HTTP response which most clients including openssl will choke on, giving you a very unhelpful error message. See for example

This is what I was doing (https://localhost:8080) over and over again. The SSL port that Unifi uses is 8443. Hopefully this helps someone else.

There's another bug with this package which is that even though the dependencies only install jre8 the systemd unit file just runs with the default jre. It should probably be modified, if possible, to pick up the user's jre8 java binary.

frederik commented on 2018-04-17 11:10

You're welcome. Fixed.

kode54 commented on 2018-04-17 01:31

This already works with jre8, but thanks for making me install another version of the Java runtime that I won't be using.

afontenot commented on 2018-04-14 04:49

I can't get this to work at all, on jre8 or jre9. Trying to connect gives me an SSL error:

SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number:ssl/record/ssl3_record.c:252:

Anyone have an idea how to solve this?

athei commented on 2018-03-27 20:02

This does not work with jre9 anymore because of the missing java ee classes. This it what its look like: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/DataSource

I fixed this by adding --add-modules to the command line. See:

comgunner commented on 2018-03-25 18:59

Thermi "To fix: Do all of this as root."

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it, it worked for me.

k0ste commented on 2018-03-15 04:10

5.6 -> 5.7:

  1. Download UniFi backup via Settings -> Maintenance.
  2. Stop unifi service and remove unifi package.
  3. Remove /var/lib/unifi
  4. pacman -Syu --ignore jre (we use jre 8).
  5. Install unifi 5.7 package.
  6. Start unifi service and restore backup.
  7. At this step my unifi kill himself. Don't know is normal or not, but after restart my backup is deployed and UniFi works fine.

adamc83 commented on 2018-03-10 03:14

This no longer works with Java 7. I upgraded to jre8-openjdk-headless and everything seems to be working without issue.

xamindar commented on 2018-03-08 23:02

Any plans to update this to 5.7 stable?

amuze commented on 2018-02-04 12:08

Running 4.14.15-1-ARCH

I installed unifi 5.6.30-1 from AUR without any issues.

systemctl status unifi and systemctl status mongodb return the following respectively:

● unifi.service - Ubiquiti UniFi Server Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/unifi.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled) Active: active (running) since Sat 2018-02-03 11:28:25 GMT; 10h ago Main PID: 1106 (java) Tasks: 867 (limit: 4915) CGroup: /system.slice/unifi.service └─1106 /usr/bin/java -jar /usr/lib/unifi/lib/ace.jar start

Feb 03 11:28:25 ryzen java[1106]: at org.apache.log4j.LogManager.<clinit>( Feb 03 11:28:25 ryzen java[1106]: at org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger( Feb 03 11:28:25 ryzen java[1106]: at com.ubnt.service.B.oooo.o00000(Unknown Source) Feb 03 11:28:25 ryzen java[1106]: at com.ubnt.service.B.oooo.<clinit>(Unknown Source) Feb 03 11:28:25 ryzen java[1106]: at com.ubnt.ace.Launcher.<clinit>(Unknown Source) Feb 03 11:28:26 ryzen java[1106]: WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred Feb 03 11:28:26 ryzen java[1106]: WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.springframework.cglib.core.ReflectUtils$2 (file:/usr/lib/unifi/lib/spring-core-3.2.8.RELEASE.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int, Feb 03 11:28:26 ryzen java[1106]: WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.springframework.cglib.core.ReflectUtils$2 Feb 03 11:28:26 ryzen java[1106]: WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations Feb 03 11:28:26 ryzen java[1106]: WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release</clinit></clinit></clinit>

● mongodb.service - High-performance, schema-free document-oriented database Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mongodb.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled) Active: active (running) since Sat 2018-02-03 11:28:25 GMT; 10h ago Main PID: 1105 (mongod) Tasks: 23 (limit: 4915) CGroup: /system.slice/mongodb.service └─1105 /usr/bin/mongod --quiet --config /etc/mongodb.conf

Feb 03 11:28:25 ryzen systemd[1]: Started High-performance, schema-free document-oriented database.

So as far as I can ascertain everything that should be running is up.

However, when attempting to access https://localhost:8443/ I get an invalid certificate message.

If I elect to continue anyway the browser goes into wait mode and that's the end of it.

/opt/unifi/logs is empty /var/log/mongodb/mongod.log contains nothing to indicate any issues.

All comments