Package Details: 64gram-desktop 1:1.1.14-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: 64gram-desktop
Description: Unofficial desktop version of Telegram messaging app
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL3
Submitter: KspLite
Maintainer: alesar1
Last Packager: alesar1
Votes: 9
Popularity: 0.53
First Submitted: 2021-04-05 11:02 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2024-02-19 08:19 (UTC)

Latest Comments

1 2 3 Next › Last »

alesar1 commented on 2024-01-27 10:08 (UTC)

@xiota Ok, I will add it for the next release.

xiota commented on 2024-01-27 09:48 (UTC)

@alesar1 It is a direct depend.

  1. This package is directly broken when the depend is updated, which has happened recently.
  2. Figuring out which packages need to be rebuilt is more difficult when frequently updated libraries are not listed in depends.
  3. Arch package guidelines state, "List all direct library dependencies." – I'm asking only for a library that has been demonstrated to be problematic.

alesar1 commented on 2024-01-27 08:29 (UTC)

@xiota is already an implicitly satisfied dependency (ffmpeg).

xiota commented on 2024-01-27 06:45 (UTC)

Please add depends on

alesar1 commented on 2023-12-21 20:01 (UTC)

I made the package compatible with side-by-side installation of tdesktop, if you notice any issues, please let me know.

dreieck commented on 2023-12-19 20:53 (UTC)

Can you consider calling the executable /usr/bin/64gram-desktop instead of /usr/bin/telegram-desktop, and make this package compatible with side-by-side installation of telegram-desktop?


alesar1 commented on 2023-11-02 22:35 (UTC)

@onurmercury I replaced 7z with LANG=C.UTF-8 bsdtar -xf It should work now, thank you!

onurmercury commented on 2023-11-02 21:23 (UTC)

@alesar1 you can try to set an env variable like this: env LANG=en_US.UTF-8 bsdtar ...

or C.UTF-8 instead idk

egayghost commented on 2023-10-31 09:45 (UTC) (edited on 2023-10-31 09:45 (UTC) by egayghost)

We kinda needed an update, some messages are starting not to show up and demanding an update. See

alesar1 commented on 2023-10-17 06:59 (UTC)

@onurmercury I am unable to make that change because on some system configurations you get this error if you use bsdtar:

bsdtar: Failed to set default locale
bsdtar: Pathname can't be converted from UTF-8 to current locale.
bsdtar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in prepare().
failed to prepare sources