Package Details: asterisk 16.2.0-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: asterisk
Description: A complete PBX solution
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL
Submitter: pressh
Maintainer: DragonX256
Last Packager: DragonX256
Votes: 101
Popularity: 0.162727
First Submitted: 2008-01-27 13:42
Last Updated: 2019-02-16 15:44

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next › Last »

DragonX256 commented on 2019-02-20 13:22

@emersonjr @Thulinma I've tested 16.2.0 building in clean chroot. pjproject builts correct, and there's no dependency on uriparser for asterisk.

Thulinma commented on 2019-02-19 10:09

Hi! It looks like "uriparser" is an unlisted dependency.

emersonjr commented on 2019-01-31 15:22

Just insert the following command sed -i 's/,5,/,10,/g' third-party/Makefile.rules into PKGBUILD above the ./configure ... line, which succesfully corrects the problem.

The file should now be like below:

build() {
  cd ${pkgname}-${pkgver}
  sed -i 's/,5,/,10,/g' third-party/Makefile.rules
  ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --sbindir=/usr/bin

Please @DragonX256 do the amendments

emersonjr commented on 2019-01-30 16:38

It seems there's problem again with pjproject 2.8

checking for RAII support... checking for gcc -fnested-functions... no
checking for clang strsep/strcmp optimization... no
checking for embedded pjproject (may have to download)... configuring
[pjproject]  Downloading to /tmp/pjproject-2.8.tar.bz2
[pjproject]  Retrying download
[pjproject]  Downloading to /tmp/pjproject-2.8.tar.bz2
make: *** [Makefile:90: /tmp/pjproject-2.8.tar.bz2] Error 4
make: *** Deleting file '/tmp/pjproject-2.8.tar.bz2'
configure: Unable to configure third-party/pjproject
configure: error: Re-run the ./configure command with 'NOISY_BUILD=yes' appended to see error details.
==> ERRO: Uma falha ocorreu em build().

How can it be solved?

DragonX256 commented on 2018-12-29 11:12

Fixed problems which were described by @jeremyvisser.

nimbius commented on 2018-12-21 15:48

the systemd service type for asterisk needs to be changed to basic. notify type causes errors when executing the dialplan application System() with bash redirections, or dialplan variables.

in addition, executed System() calls can report success when unable to create a file on the system.

jeremyvisser commented on 2018-12-19 11:07

When I try to install the package, I get these errors:

chown: invalid user: ‘asterisk:asterisk’ chown: invalid user: ‘asterisk:asterisk’ chown: invalid user: ‘asterisk:asterisk’ chown: invalid user: ‘asterisk:asterisk’ chown: invalid user: ‘asterisk:asterisk’ error: command failed to execute correctly

I suspect this is because the post-install script is executed before the sysusers.d configuration is loaded.

Also, I noticed the post-remove script does a "killall -q asterisk". However, it's possible to get Asterisk to spawn subprocesses, so it would be better to do a "systemctl stop asterisk.service" in the post-remove script instead.

br3schweiz commented on 2018-10-29 21:50

if you sideloaded opus-support from Digium, remember to update it too. Otherwise you'll get a segfault and won't be able to start asterisk again (what, for whatever reason doesn't happen with 16.0.0-rc3)...

post-factum commented on 2018-10-09 18:44

FYI, starting from 16.0.0 Asterisk requires libedit.

post-factum commented on 2018-09-08 15:31

systemd .service file can be used from the contrib folder now. Also, I'm not sure why termcap is needed.

Next, it seems, it won't work with pjproject v2.8, so it would be better to switch to bundled one.

Also, consider using sysusers feature to avoid creating users manually in the post-inst hook.