Package Details: emacs-git 25.1.50.r126117-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/emacs-git.git (read-only)
Package Base: emacs-git
Description: GNU Emacs. Master development branch.
Upstream URL: http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/
Keywords: development editor IDE text
Licenses: GPL
Conflicts: emacs
Provides: emacs
Submitter: vorbote
Maintainer: vorbote
Last Packager: vorbote
Votes: 55
Popularity: 1.307076
First Submitted: 2014-01-05 02:05
Last Updated: 2016-06-12 11:58

Required by (190)

Sources (1)

Pinned Comments

vorbote commented on 2016-03-15 18:05

Those who can't compile emacs git master nor emacs 25 git branch, please try with the emacs-pretest package at <https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/emacs-pretest/>.

Thank you.

Latest Comments

vorbote commented on 2016-08-30 11:59

@urobyd Update what again? Increasing the release number of the PKGBUILD will not change a colon of its contents; unless you have a patch to propose that I will gladly consider.

uroybd commented on 2016-08-30 08:19

Please update it. :)

rhoit commented on 2016-08-27 03:54

UPDATE:

Now fixed, there was problem with my git repo, since emacs repo is huge I normally clone it separately with --depth=1, where I change few thing
in config, which resulted repo not being updated.

----

recently it I'm having problem with.

configure: error: The following required libraries were not found:
libjpeg
Maybe some development libraries/packages are missing?
If you don't want to link with them give
--with-jpeg=no
as options to configure

vorbote commented on 2016-06-25 15:27

The joys of using the bleeding edge. You get to break your toys and keep the pieces. :-)

haawda commented on 2016-06-24 19:46

The problem went away, I suspect with this commit:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=63457dcfe0fe101d3db131c4b05823e8280b6bff

So it was an upstream issue obviuosly.

haawda commented on 2016-06-24 16:57

No, I am doing it in a clean chroot using extra-x86_64-build. I am quite sure that my system is messed up in some ways, but isn't this what clean chroots are for?

vorbote commented on 2016-06-24 12:38

Err. No. If you need to install texlive-plainextra to compile the texi source files into pdf means you are trying to do it by hand. NOT SUPPORTED, I'm afraid.

Let me explain. Every GNU package texi documentation is written with an especific texinfo.tex version as target and it is always included with the package sources. There is a reason why you use make to generate the documentation! It sets up the proper paths and files to obtain the formatted final documents as intended by upstream. I ran a full build last night in a fresh vm with a fresh chroot and I obtained perfect pdf files without adding texlive-plainextra to the makedepends array just to make sure.

The solution to bypass the PKGBUILD (I use it myself): Go into the src directory, run configure, enter the doc subdirectories and run "make pdf". Copy the pdf file somewhere safe and you are done.

If this is not the scenario, then you have bigger problems with how you have set up your system. I can't help you there. :-(

haawda commented on 2016-06-24 00:28

What I wanted to say in my previous post was: You have in line 56 of your PKGBUILD:

if [[ $DOCS_PDF = "YES" ]]; then makedepends+=('texlive-core'); fi

This should be

if [[ $DOCS_PDF = "YES" ]]; then makedepends+=('texlive-plainextra'); fi

This is the case independently of TeXLive 2016 or 2015, so you can do the change right now, no need to wait. texlive-plainextra has 1671,00 KiB, so it is a cheap addition.

vorbote commented on 2016-06-23 16:03

Good for you! I don't use testing usually and I didn't know texlive 2016 was in the repo till I read today's messages to arch-dev-public. Thus, I presumed you were using the upstream binary distribution. Disregard my previous comments, please.

I'll make a note to update the emacs' git-based packages I maintain as soon as texlive 2016 enters stable.

haawda commented on 2016-06-23 14:55

My issue with elisp.pdf was solved for me by pulling in the makedependency texlive-plainextra, instead of texlive-core only, and building in clean chroots for [extra] or [testing], both tested. I guess it works because it pulls in the correct file texinfo.tex.

All comments