Package Details: google-chrome-dev 59.0.3071.25-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/google-chrome-dev.git (read-only)
Package Base: google-chrome-dev
Description: An attempt at creating a safer, faster, and more stable browser (Dev Channel)
Upstream URL: https://www.google.com/chrome
Licenses: custom:chrome
Provides: google-chrome
Submitter: None
Maintainer: Det
Last Packager: Det
Votes: 607
Popularity: 2.953109
First Submitted: 2009-06-05 21:02
Last Updated: 2017-04-26 03:40

Dependencies (11)

Required by (18)

Sources (3)

Pinned Comments

Det commented on 2016-03-09 05:02

✔ NOTE: If the md5sums don't match, don't post the makepkg output. Simply flag the package.

You can check for new Linux releases in: http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/search/label/Dev%20updates, or use:
$ curl -s https://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/rpm/stable/x86_64/repodata/other.xml.gz | gzip -df | awk -F\" '/pkgid/{ sub(".*-","",$4); print $4": "$10 }'

Latest Comments

colemickens commented on 2017-04-19 05:22

@wil93 https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=707349

wil93 commented on 2017-04-19 01:25

Version 59.0.3067.0 has hi-dpi issues (the text and the overall interface is super tiny)

I don't have this issue on chromium (which is version 57.0.2987.133)

I use google-chrome-dev sparingly, so I just noticed this issue. It didn't happen one or two upgrades ago. Maybe it's a regression? If I find some time I can try to downgrade and see if it still happens.

Does anybody notice this behavior?

sgtpep commented on 2017-04-13 20:40

Missing dependency: gtk3
/opt/google/chrome-unstable/google-chrome-unstable: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Det commented on 2017-03-19 21:10

Well, yes, from: https://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel

"Dev channel: [...] There's no lag between major versions, whatever code we've got, you will get. While this build does get tested, it is still subject to bugs, as we want people to see what's new as soon as possible."

It should be taken for granted the Dev might crash. If you want to test, you can try renaming ~/.config/google-chrome-unstable/ and ~/.cache/google-chrome-unstable/, or downgrading ca-certificates-utils through /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ or https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/c/ca-certificates-utils/.

sidrocks123 commented on 2017-03-17 22:18

Also, the beta and the stable versions are working fine.

sidrocks123 commented on 2017-03-17 21:05

Hello, on updating this package from v58 to the latest version, Google Chrome loads homepage successfully, then crashes.
Error message -
--2017-03-18 02:27:17-- https://clients2.google.com/cr/report
Loaded CA certificate '/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt'
Resolving clients2.google.com... 216.58.220.206, 2404:6800:4002:804::200e
Connecting to clients2.google.com|216.58.220.206|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: ‘/dev/fd/4’

0K 808K=0s

2017-03-18 02:27:20 (808 KB/s) - ‘/dev/fd/4’ saved [16]


Crash dump id: 417867e660000000
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) google-chrome-unstable

The only reason why I think this may occur is that I recently updated the package "ca-certificates-utils".
Any idea about how I can resolve this issue?

Det commented on 2016-11-21 16:28

Yes. Those are notes, not warnings or errors, I put in there.

TheAifam5 commented on 2016-11-21 16:27

(1/1) upgrading google-chrome-dev [######################] 100%
==> NOTE: Custom flags should be put directly in: ~/.config/chrome-dev-flags.conf
==> NOTE: The launcher is called: 'google-chrome-unstable'

Det commented on 2016-10-22 00:35

Fixed.

Flaeme commented on 2016-10-22 00:23

Patch is failing:

==> Making package: google-chrome-dev 56.0.2897.0-1 (Fri Oct 21 18:15:25 MDT 2016)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
-> Downloading google-chrome-unstable_56.0.2897.0_amd64.deb...
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 46.1M 100 46.1M 0 0 123k 0 0:06:24 0:06:24 --:--:-- 1019k
-> Downloading eula_text.html...
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 53070 0 53070 0 0 317k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 317k
-> Found google-chrome-unstable.sh
-> Found StartupWMClass-and-GNOME3-context-menu.patch
==> Validating source files with md5sums...
google-chrome-unstable_56.0.2897.0_amd64.deb ... Passed
eula_text.html ... Skipped
google-chrome-unstable.sh ... Passed
StartupWMClass-and-GNOME3-context-menu.patch ... Passed
==> Extracting sources...
-> Extracting google-chrome-unstable_56.0.2897.0_amd64.deb with bsdtar
==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting package()...
-> Extracting the data.tar.xz...
-> Moving stuff in place...
-> Fixing Chrome icon resolution and GNOME 3 context menu...
patching file usr/share/applications/google-chrome-unstable.desktop
Hunk #2 FAILED at 113.
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/share/applications/google-chrome-unstable.desktop.rej
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
Aborting...

All comments