Package Details: jdownloader2 latest-13

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/jdownloader2.git (read-only)
Package Base: jdownloader2
Description: Download manager, written in Java, for one-click hosting sites like Rapidshare and Megaupload. Uses its own updater.
Upstream URL: http://jdownloader.org/
Keywords: download hoster internet jdownloader manager oneclick
Licenses: GPL
Conflicts: jdownloader
Replaces: jdownloader
Submitter: None
Maintainer: Holodoc
Last Packager: Holodoc
Votes: 298
Popularity: 5.918760
First Submitted: 2011-09-07 23:08
Last Updated: 2017-03-01 23:41

Latest Comments

s3rb31 commented on 2017-06-24 02:43

There is a problem with /bin/JDownloader:

If jd-containers.desktop is executed via xdg-open, /bin/JDownloader will be called. But because java/jdownloader itself do not properly set the exitcode, xdg-open will continue to execute '/usr/share/applications/jd-containers.desktop' and finally fall back to $BROWSER. (xdg-open is checking for $? == 0)

This can be fixed by making /bin/JDownloader exit with exitcode 0. I created a very simple patch:

https://gist.github.com/s3rb31/53130d42a4ce68bd4e835671d0b2386e

krzynek1 commented on 2017-03-26 13:30

@Holodoc
It looks like it was upper directory permission problem, now when user jdownloader can read this dir, can also write to owned, configured directory from settings.

Why JD needs read permission to upper directory? Is it some typical linux expected behaviour or?

Thanks anyway, problem solved :)

Holodoc commented on 2017-03-25 08:22

@krzynek1:
You need to check if you are able to list and read the upper directories of your download folder with user jdownloader and may fix permissions.

Hope that helps...

krzynek1 commented on 2017-03-25 06:44

Hello, JD gives me error "invalid download directory" when trying to download whatever file from hosters.

JD is started as user jdwonloader in global scope, in settings from myjdownloader website, I have choosen right directory (/magazyn/DL/JD) with what I think right access permissions:

cd /magazyn/DL
[root@arch DL]# ls -l
total 28
drwxrwxr-x 2 jdownloader jdownloader 4096 Mar 15 22:34 JD

Checked, if I can manually create files in JD dir and somehow I can't:

[root@arch JD]# runuser jdownloader -s /bin/bash -c "touch /magazyn/DL/JD/test"
touch: cannot touch '/magazyn/DL/JD/test': Permission denied

What is the problem here? Must be something very obvious, but I can't tell what this is. Help?

nipsky commented on 2017-03-13 13:25

@Holodoc: I have no idea why exactly (since I already had tried this before in the past) , but after uninstalling and removing the config files it works now. Thanks anyway :)

X-Tornado commented on 2017-03-03 09:26

@Holodoc Thanks for the updates, so far so good.

Holodoc commented on 2017-03-02 17:45

@Rhinerceros, @johonnybash
yes, nearly right: The overall JDownloader is located under /opt/JDownloader. For using this you have to be part of the jdownloader group or start jdownlaoder as user "jdownloader". (this user is also used when starting over systemctl)
If you start JDownloader as a user (without "jdownloader" group) then the installation is located under ~/.jd


Hopefully this clarifies everything.

johnnybash commented on 2017-03-02 17:38

same here, /opt/jDownloader looks like an old installation.
New one is at ~/.jd, the "all users" part at /opt/JDownloaderScripts

seems jd changed the way it works in, mh, mid 2015 ^^

deleted /opt/JDownloader -> no Problems

Rhinoceros commented on 2017-03-02 00:05

@Holodoc Sorry, I think I was a bit unclear. My question was also whether the existence of this directory (/opt/JDownloader/) was necessary at all. It's just empty on my system.

Holodoc commented on 2017-03-01 23:50

@Rhinoceros: You are right. Should be 0775, is fixed with todays update

@nipsky: I just tested on a fresh installed system. What did you use? Command "JDownloader" or "JDownloaderHeadless"? I would like to help you, but this seems to be a JDownloader issue, I am only the maintainer of these helper scripts.
In my test I do not have the logline with "Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS:". When I remember correctly I had this issue long ago and I had to install missing (or compatible) fonts. Please check if you have updated your system. Afterwards if this is still not working you could also try the Headless mode (JDownloaderHeadless). But as I wrote before: this is a JDownloader issue. But feel free to post a solution (or of cause other questions, I will try to fix the problem with you)
If nothing works for you please backup your configuration and lists and delete the whole ".jd" folder in your Home directory.

All comments