Package Details: path-of-building-community-git 2.4.0.r4597.59.517-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/path-of-building-community-git.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: path-of-building-community-git
Description: An offline build planner for Path of Exile using PoBFrontend, LocalIdentity's fork
Upstream URL: https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding
Licenses: MIT
Submitter: bcareil
Maintainer: bcareil
Last Packager: bcareil
Votes: 14
Popularity: 3.75
First Submitted: 2020-03-14 08:43
Last Updated: 2021-07-22 17:06

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 Next › Last »

PastorJ commented on 2021-10-20 12:50

@MithicSpirit Thanks so much, just clean built the package using Yay and there we go!

MithicSpirit commented on 2021-10-20 10:37

@PastorJ you shouldn't use built-in updaters for packages and should instead wait for the package itself to update. That said, since this is a -git package, there's no need to wait. Whenever you try to build this package it will automatically pull the latest commit from the git repository; there are some (unofficial) AUR helpers that can automatically check for updates to the git repo when you update your system (e.g. paru).

PastorJ commented on 2021-10-20 09:40

Hi, fairly new linux user here so apologies if this isn't the appropriate place.

Should the update functionality be working as normal within PoB? I know that localidentity and team have put out the 3.16 tree. Or should I wait until this package gets updated?

Koppajin commented on 2021-07-31 05:30

changelog.txt is missing so clicking About errors out.

Error: In 'OnFrame': Modules/Main.lua:724: bad argument #1 to 'lines' (changelog.txt: No such file or directory)

duartec3000 commented on 2021-07-23 23:30

I know this comment section is mostly for issues but I just wanted to thank Bcareil for having this PKGBUILD ready before League Start.

Thank you so much!

POE Linux gamers bow before you.

bcareil commented on 2021-05-17 16:47

Thanks for the heads up zaoo, much appreciated.

I tried building the package with the branch of the pull request and it is still running fine despite not using the new sha1 implementation. Which is not a big deal as update checking is disabled by one of the patch I apply. So we are not really affected by the comparatively poor performances of the old implementation.

That said it highlights a limitation of pobfrontend I was not really aware of so I'll see what I can do.

Also, since they are no longer loading data from all patches, we might be able to get back to using luajit. I moved to lua51 because of some out of memory error we encountered in the past. Which might have been related to the fact that the JIT was disabled from what I gathered from luajit's mailing list.

Anyway, that does not look urgent. So I'll get to it when I'll get to it.

zaoo commented on 2021-05-17 04:10

A PR is in the pipeline to upgrade the vendored sha1 library of PoB to version 0.6.0 for greatly improved update check performance.

https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/pull/2791

This will change it from being a single lua/sha1.lua file to multiple files in lua/sha1/ with backends for different Lua versions.

As you seem to be pulling individual files out of the runtime and as you are using a different Lua version than upstream, there might be some things to test and fix.

Apart from being used in update checking the SHA1 code is also used in the Import tab to remember which account and character was last imported.

bcareil commented on 2021-04-15 16:54

Well thanks for the hint @Gniest, it has at least been useful to me.

Gniest commented on 2021-04-15 10:46

@acylus the file path is src/Data/Uniques/Special/New.lua after that, everything went smooth, hope that helps :)

acylus commented on 2021-04-15 00:15

Hunk #1 succeeded at 54 with fuzz 2 (offset 3 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 296 (offset 10 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 314 (offset 10 lines).
patching file src/Modules/Main.lua
Hunk #1 succeeded at 43 (offset 1 line).
patching file src/Modules/Common.lua
can't find file to patch at input line 17
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff -ru a/src/Data/New.lua b/src/Data/New.lua
|--- a/src/Data/New.lua 2021-02-06 15:09:21.709829157 +0100
|+++ b/src/Data/New.lua 2021-02-06 11:37:28.858609368 +0100
--------------------------
File to patch: Data/New.lua
Data/New.lua: No such file or directory
Skip this patch? [y] n
File to patch: y
y: No such file or directory
Skip this patch? [y] y
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
patching file src/Data/Uniques/amulet.lua
patching file src/Data/Uniques/axe.lua
patching file src/Data/Uniques/belt.lua
patching file src/Data/Uniques/body.lua
patching file src/Data/Uniques/boots.lua
patching file src/Data/Uniques/bow.lua
patching file src/Data/Uniques/claw.lua
patching file src/Data/Uniques/dagger.lua
patching file src/Data/Uniques/flask.lua
patching file src/Data/Uniques/gloves.lua
patching file src/Data/Uniques/helmet.lua
patching file src/Data/Uniques/mace.lua
patching file src/Data/Uniques/quiver.lua
patching file src/Data/Uniques/ring.lua
patching file src/Data/Uniques/shield.lua
patching file src/Data/Uniques/staff.lua
patching file src/Data/Uniques/wand.lua
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in prepare().
    Aborting...
error making: path-of-building-community-git

Is what is happening for me right now