Package Details: webkitgtk2 2.4.11-11

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/webkitgtk.git (read-only)
Package Base: webkitgtk
Description: Legacy Web content engine for GTK+ 2
Upstream URL: https://webkitgtk.org/
Licenses: custom
Conflicts: libwebkit
Provides: libwebkit=2.4.11
Replaces: libwebkit
Submitter: City-busz
Maintainer: yan12125
Last Packager: yan12125
Votes: 40
Popularity: 10.549505
First Submitted: 2017-06-30 07:40
Last Updated: 2018-01-23 05:08

Dependencies (22)

Sources (5)

Pinned Comments

yan12125 commented on 2017-12-20 02:56

FAQ

  • error while loading shared libraries: libenchant.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

You'll need to rebuild against the new enchant in [testing]. Normally it should be done with usual package upgrading (webkitgtk 2.4.11-7 => webkitgtk 2.4.11-10)

  • target not found: enchant>=2.2

Just ignore webkitgtk 2.4.11-10 upgrade (e.g., via IgnorePkg. Check out your AUR helper manuals) until enchant 2.2.1 enters [extra].

  • I can't build! There's an error about codegen

There's a bug in glib2. Make sure you don't have /bin in $PATH. Check out @ValHue's and @zoidby's comments.

  • Building takes too long time!

A: WebKit is inherently big and complex. It can take up to 13.5 hours to build (on AMD Athlon X2, thanks to @Bonnietwin for sharing). You can modify makepkg.conf or PKGBUILD directly to build it in parallel. Check out @MadMe's and @tuxsavvy's comments.

  • Is there a prebuilt package?

A: The awesome Arch Linux CN team maintains one. You can enable it by appending the following section to /etc/pacman.conf:

[archlinuxcn]
Server = https://cdn.repo.archlinuxcn.org/$arch

And installing as if it were official packages:

sudo pacman -S webkitgtk
sudo pacman -S webkitgtk2

Check out https://github.com/archlinuxcn/repo/blob/master/README.md for more details.

(As of 2018/01/22, archlinuxcn's package does not work with testing/enchant. See https://github.com/archlinuxcn/repo/issues/648 for more details.)

  • Other questions

I've disabled notifications for this package for too many non-constructive comments. Please open a new issue at https://github.com/yan12125/aur for suggestions/questions/bug reports/...

Latest Comments

yan12125 commented on 2018-01-22 15:05

Announcement: If you got enchant errors, check the first two entries in my pinned FAQ comment.

Thermi commented on 2018-01-11 12:40

Why is the library file of the previous version only a couple MB in size then? It looks like this one builds a static library or includes a lot of other files into the library. Looks wrong to me.

Batou commented on 2018-01-02 02:58

@yan12125 thanks! For those wondering, I fixed it by just exporting a new PATH without /bin in it and then just running the pacaur. The other suggestion (editing PKGBUILD and setting PYTHONPATH didn't do anything for me).

@germanfr it's a huge project. Whatever package is using this as a dep, maybe you should talk to them about providing a pre-built alternative.

Scimmia commented on 2017-12-30 08:48

"That's not ok."? It's webkit, what the hell do you expect?

germanfr commented on 2017-12-30 08:30

It took me 7h to build this package as an update. That's not ok.

yan12125 commented on 2017-12-28 09:07

@Batou: Check out @zoidby's comment

Batou commented on 2017-12-28 09:03

Fails to build.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/bin/gdbus-codegen", line 41, in <module> from codegen import codegen_main ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'codegen' make: *** [GNUmakefile:82204: DerivedSources/Platform/Geoclue2Interface.h] Error 1 ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build(). Aborting... :: failed to build webkitgtk2 package(s)</module>

yan12125 commented on 2017-12-26 06:02

@kmeagher: You need to install the base-devel group before building any package. Check out https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Getting_started.

kmeagher commented on 2017-12-26 05:47

this package requires flex to build but it is not listed as a dependency

zoidby commented on 2017-12-24 09:55

The build failed at first. But i got it to work with the temporary fix, described here: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/55915

All comments